onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Welcome to the new signings hope you have the bit between your teeth 46 games in a league a season and all cup ties especially the early rounds where if as a club we are to attract newbie supporters you have to help the teamto win them .

So still at least 8 new first team players needed preferably with what i saw in the game i witnessed the other night on sky with the defence all communicating with each other verbally .

Aspin says we were a quiet team well im sorry communication is vital so the quiet ones need to find there lungs .

Browns a solid signing .

Joyce never heard of him .

Daniels never heard of him .

In Aspin i trust though to bench the players who to some are brilliant but to me are not .

UTV

Advert

If we start with Kay and Joyce in the middle we will be no where. According to carlise fans Joyce is a defensive midfielder we need an attacking player along side him. Kay can be used as back up.

For me I’d still be looking at 2 centre backs, one to start and one as back up and certainly either a left or right back. Still two forwards another centre mid and another winger and then we’re getting somewhere.

I think it depends on the formation. two solid CMs with two proper wingers getting forward would mean we don't need the big money in CM as long as we are getting the ball to the players with pace and a few tricks. Add another CM with creativity and we go up another level further I do agree.

We do need a CAM to replace Whitfield but remember Aspin’s preferred formation is 4-2-3-1 so two defensive midfielders will be playing. To be fair to aspin we did see how bad 4-4-2 was at home to Carlisle!
Dodds made available by Chesterfield

I'd have Dodds back all day, every day. And I'm normally against having former employees back. He's got an eye for a goal from midfield which is exactly what we need, and also knows the place like the back of his hand. I'd much rather see him and Joyce together in midfield in a sort of diamond formation than ******* Tonge and Pugh.

Dodds also got 8 goals last season which is a damn site more than anyone else in our midfield!

Unofficial vale has just tweeted a photo of a text conversation between him and Norman.

Unofficial Vale: Norman will Louis Dodds be returning this summer? [The rest of the text is scribbled out, but there does seem to be a work that starts with a D and has ffy at the end)

Norman: No [Word scribbled out beginning with a]

Unofficial Vale: Argh... always likes Louis [second part of text scribbled out]

Norman: So do I but has inflated value of himself did consider it but boy is in cuckoo land

For an attacking centre mid, we could do much worse than Bruno Andrade, ex QPR now at Boreham Wood, who plays behind the main striker. Scored 22 league goals from midfield, making him the fifth highest scorer, at a goal just about every two games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league/top-scorers

A bit like Danny Rowe at Fylde though, he is probably on more now than we can afford!

I'd have Dodds back all day, every day. And I'm normally against having former employees back. He's got an eye for a goal from midfield which is exactly what we need, and also knows the place like the back of his hand. I'd much rather see him and Joyce together in midfield in a sort of diamond formation than ******* Tonge and Pugh.

Dodds also got 8 goals last season which is a damn site more than anyone else in our midfield!

Only thing that worries me is, that he couldn't get a steady spot in a Chesterfield side ending up, well, you know...

Every Dodds has his day and his are long gone.

Top bench warmer couldn’t get a place in a relegated Chesterfield team.

Won’t meet Aspins idea of getting stuck in but keeps the laundry bill down because he never gets his shorts dirty.

Obviously even Chesterfield don’t think he,s good enough to get them out of the conference.

Archived