onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Advert

Dodds may or may not be on our radar, but it's both interesting and troubling to read Smurthwaite's tweets (if they are true).

When he says a player is overvaluing himself you have to wonder how much say Aspo gets in who we sign. If Aspo thinks a player is worth signing, shouldn't the chairman back his judgement?

What is it with all the hype about Doddsy , didnt want the Vale in Jan cause he wanted more money. All i want to know is there any NEWS OF A CB SIGNING FOR US. cheers

Hear, hear. That is a position we desperately need to fill... or we could end up playing Joe Davis there because we can't offload him.

Still lives in the area passing the local test. Played 289 games for Port Vale scoring 56 goals. Scored twice against us since he left? So I would welcome him back, but my worry is the high age profile of our squad.

Still lives in the area passing the local test. Played 289 games for Port Vale scoring 56 goals. Scored twice against us since he left? So I would welcome him back, but my worry is the high age profile of our squad.

not had a good season with chesterfield so doubtful if he's improved much over the last 18 months so leave it to aspo he knows whats needed and who's available.

Younger and cheaper options is AJ Leitch Smith who will be released by Shrewsbury. Very similar players but Smith can play up front as well as at 10. Really comes down to how Aspin wants to play next season. My feeling is he wants Pope and a 3 just behind with pace.

Dodds may or may not be on our radar, but it's both interesting and troubling to read Smurthwaite's tweets (if they are true).

When he says a player is overvaluing himself you have to wonder how much say Aspo gets in who we sign. If Aspo thinks a player is worth signing, shouldn't the chairman back his judgement?

I thought exactly the same, and also when Aspin said that any potential deal for Whitfield is left with Smurthwaite to deal with Whitfield's agent.

Why isn't Garlick dealing with financial\contractual issues for potential transfers?!

So much for Smurthwaite having nothing to do with the running of the club\squad. He's clearly still dictating how much can be paid to players, as opposed to Aspin being given a set budget and then being allowed to spend it how he wants.

I thought exactly the same, and also when Aspin said that any potential deal for Whitfield is left with Smurthwaite to deal with Whitfield's agent.

Why isn't Garlick dealing with financial\contractual issues for potential transfers?!

So much for Smurthwaite having nothing to do with the running of the club\squad. He's clearly still dictating how much can be paid to players, as opposed to Aspin being given a set budget and then being allowed to spend it how he wants.

My guess is there is a budget and the Dodds and Gunning deal both went outside the budget.

Archived