onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

If there is money left in the budget after Aspin and Co have been shopping and got their slots filled, then Louis Dodds if still on the market - might be worth a punt as a squad/back up player. Would make the dressing room more lively again.

One of those marmite players for some fans. Hate marmite, but thought he was a good player, but not used fully by managers for reasons unknown as he always played his part.

Advert

I couldn't say why Dodds wasn't used much for them last season, but maybe it was due to the formation they played? If they played a standard 4-4-2 then he's not really going to fit. Dodds excels in the role behind a striker, and I think him and Pope with Worrall and another decent winger out wide would work a treat, especially away from home.

But I'm not saying that we must or should go for him. Just that if he did come back I wouldn't be against it myself.

Joyce and Brown are two cracking signings for a team that were horrendous last season and don't have a pot to **** in. Both will walk into our best possible 11 and improve it.

Daniels is a chancer. If it comes off then brilliant, but if it doesn't then there's not much lost. The fact that he can obviously take a set-piece is a big plus point for us right away!

We are not a tinpot outfit, lots of players would want to play at Vale Park! Good fans apart from a few keyboard warriors who can only find things to complain about. Better Gates than most in our division, good away followings. There are plenty worse clubs to play for, yes Norman a drawback but plenty of clubs have crackpot directors it’s not exclusive to us. Ask me if I want to play at crap grounds like Morecambe, Macclesfield and Accrington then give me Vale Park anytime.

Just seems there are a few on here that want to knock the club, new signings or whatever good we try to do. Let’s give Aspin etc all of our support and along with new players. Players like Daniels could well be inspired by our fans, let’s try and help him make it!

Just seems there are a few on here that want to knock the club, new signings or whatever good we try to do. Let’s give Aspin etc all of our support and along with new players. Players like Daniels could well be inspired by our fans, let’s try and help him make it!

Of course he needs our backing, let us hope he makes good use of his second chance at a FL club, he may not turn out another Taylor or Vardy but L1 standard would be great.

We are not a tinpot outfit, lots of players would want to play at Vale Park! Good fans apart from a few keyboard warriors who can only find things to complain about. Better Gates than most in our division, good away followings. There are plenty worse clubs to play for, yes Norman a drawback but plenty of clubs have crackpot directors it’s not exclusive to us. Ask me if I want to play at crap grounds like Morecambe, Macclesfield and Accrington then give me Vale Park anytime.

We haven't got a pot to **** in, that makes us a tinpot club. Me stating that doesn't mean that I'm not backing the club and hoping they do well this coming season any less (or more) than yourself. The reality is that most of the players that will sign for us this summer will do so because they didn't have many, if any, offers elsewhere. The keeper Brown was a fantastic signing for us, but that wouldn't have happened had he not wanted to live as close to Wolverhampton as possible.

And Vale Park is big and looks fine for a League Two ground, sure, but give me a good atmosphere over a big stadium every day of the week.

Dodds would be perfect in terms of fitting our system as in behind Pope but depends if he still has it, if he does his 6-10 goals a season would be handy but the question is how good is he now?

Probably still a lot better than the dross we had to endure last season to be fair. I mean he's 31, so he's still a baby compared to Tonge and Pugh.

Why are peopl obsessed with Dodds? He was average when he was here last time and he’s probably still average now.

hes not even average now, he struggled to get into a side that was even worse than us last year. we want players on the up not free falling into obscurity

We haven't got a pot to **** in, that makes us a tinpot club. Me stating that doesn't mean that I'm not backing the club and hoping they do well this coming season any less (or more) than yourself. The reality is that most of the players that will sign for us this summer will do so because they didn't have many, if any, offers elsewhere. The keeper Brown was a fantastic signing for us, but that wouldn't have happened had he not wanted to live as close to Wolverhampton as possible.

And Vale Park is big and looks fine for a League Two ground, sure, but give me a good atmosphere over a big stadium every day of the week.

See this is whats wrong with the mentality of vale fans in my opinion. We have got a pot to **** in, we are not tin pot. What we have is an owner whos off the wall like a host of other lower league (and premier league, championship owners) clubs who doesnt want to bankrupt himself to get us promoted. Have some pride in the club, the badge and club history. If fans think and talk like we are tin pot how do expect anyone else including the owner to take us seriously?

See this is whats wrong with the mentality of vale fans in my opinion. We have got a pot to **** in, we are not tin pot. What we have is an owner whos off the wall like a host of other lower league (and premier league, championship owners) clubs who doesnt want to bankrupt himself to get us promoted. Have some pride in the club, the badge and club history. If fans think and talk like we are tin pot how do expect anyone else including the owner to take us seriously?

Super comments and totally agree.

Being realistic isn't the same as being pessimistic. Because of a shocking owner and an extremely poor season in which we just about survived going out of league football, I really don't see us being much of an attractive proposition to most players. We're largely going to be left with the scraps that other teams don't want. Obviously there will be the odd exception, like Brown, who will put personal reasons over wage.

I can't and won't comment on Daniels and neither should anyone else as of yet, but so far I'm happy with the business Aspin has done this summer yet, and long may it continue. I just have my doubts and feel like I'm, not wrong to have them.

Being realistic isn't the same as being pessimistic. Because of a shocking owner and an extremely poor season in which we just about survived going out of league football, I really don't see us being much of an attractive proposition to most players. We're largely going to be left with the scraps that other teams don't want. Obviously there will be the odd exception, like Brown, who will put personal reasons over wage.

I can't and won't comment on Daniels and neither should anyone else as of yet, but so far I'm happy with the business Aspin has done this summer yet, and long may it continue. I just have my doubts and feel like I'm, not wrong to have them.

Calling the club tinpot is being pessimistic I’m afraid. Other than about 10 clubs most league 1 and 2 clubs would happily take what we have. The situation is not great but we are more likely than most to be able to recover to due Size of Club and fan base.

Archived