onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Reading the posts, people think to believe that adding 1 experienced CB will clear up a defence, who were literally bleeding goals last season?

I know Nathan played with like 10 different players during the season, but some of the defending was like watching Live at the Apollo... Sometimes funny, sometimes just plain cringing.

Is 1 player alone, going to sort that out?

No it isnt , but buying one decent cb is a start. Others may follow.

Advert

No it isnt , but buying one decent cb is a start. Others may follow.

What the issue was last year was lack of a proper spine

Weak goalkeeper, weak CBs, static CMs and a performing Pope.

Weve addressed two of those issues and by the seems of it we look like we will play 442 as Aspo has brought in a winger that can deliver well from the left side.

I’m going to be honest I’m pretty optimistic looking at what we have already

Brown

Gibbons Smith SPACE SPACE

Worrall Kay Joyce Hannant/ Daniels

Pope SPACE

Personally speaking it leaves us needing 3 first team and probably 2-3 squad players

What the issue was last year was lack of a proper spine

Weak goalkeeper, weak CBs, static CMs and a performing Pope.

Weve addressed two of those issues and by the seems of it we look like we will play 442 as Aspo has brought in a winger that can deliver well from the left side.

I’m going to be honest I’m pretty optimistic looking at what we have already

Brown

Gibbons Smith SPACE SPACE

Worrall Kay Joyce Hannant/ Daniels

Pope SPACE

Personally speaking it leaves us needing 3 first team and probably 2-3 squad players

You don't rate monty as lb?

If we start with Kay and Joyce in the middle we will be no where. According to carlise fans Joyce is a defensive midfielder we need an attacking player along side him. Kay can be used as back up.

For me I’d still be looking at 2 centre backs, one to start and one as back up and certainly either a left or right back. Still two forwards another centre mid and another winger and then we’re getting somewhere.

If we start with Kay and Joyce in the middle we will be no where. According to carlise fans Joyce is a defensive midfielder we need an attacking player along side him. Kay can be used as back up...

If we're hard to score against we only need to sneak one goal - frankly I wouldn't care if we only won games 1 - 0 - it's a means to an end!

If we're hard to score against we only need to sneak one goal - frankly I wouldn't care if we only won games 1 - 0 - it's a means to an end!

Still think we need an attacking midfielder alongside a defensive one. Two defensive kids in a midfield two is too negative imo.

Are you a child of the Gordon Lee era, like me? He was manager when I first started going but luckily I was young enough to be thrilled purely by winning rather than how it was achieved. Funnily enough though I've always enjoyed attaining a clean sheet above winning 4-3 or drawing 2-2, must be a form of social conditioning!

This is a very good and encouraging start to the recruitment programme.

It is 3 of the 10.

Not sure Daniels will be a starter.

Looking forward to seeing other additions, then we can start speculating on the style of play and prospects.

I am already confident that we will stay up...

Still think we need an attacking midfielder alongside a defensive one. Two defensive kids in a midfield two is too negative imo.

We do need a CAM to replace Whitfield but remember Aspin’s preferred formation is 4-2-3-1 so two defensive midfielders will be playing. To be fair to aspin we did see how bad 4-4-2 was at home to Carlisle!

Joyce and Brown are two cracking signings for a team that were horrendous last season and don't have a pot to **** in. Both will walk into our best possible 11 and improve it.

Daniels is a chancer. If it comes off then brilliant, but if it doesn't then there's not much lost. The fact that he can obviously take a set-piece is a big plus point for us right away!

How dare you call anyone from Smallthorne a chancer Tylerla?’One of our own’ or ‘Clampett’acceptable but ‘Chancer’??!!!

Archived