onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Advert

Any more signings imminent seems to have gone quiet no rumours Chinese whispers or agents bullshyte.

Cranston and Legge sound likely signings. Jason Oswell at Stockport has certainly been watched by the manager and I believe Rudge, so could well be a target, although likely to be competition. Other than that you're looking at all the frees from league one clubs we normally recruit from and out of contract players from this league in the West Midlands and North West as probable signings.

Cranston and Legge sound likely signings. Jason Oswell at Stockport has certainly been watched by the manager and I believe Rudge, so could well be a target, although likely to be competition. Other than that you're looking at all the frees from league one clubs we normally recruit from and out of contract players from this league in the West Midlands and North West as probable signings.

I think Cranston and Legge will be it for the defence but id Davis goes then we might add right back cover

I would like to see some pace added then to the middle and attack and goals of course

I think Cranston and Legge will be it for the defence but id Davis goes then we might add right back cover

I would like to see some pace added then to the middle and attack and goals of course

We need 4 centrehalves, at the moment we've only got Smith as the other 2 are free to find clubs. I'd expect another centrehalf as well as Legge and possibly Knopps to be given a chance to be the 4th. We also need to cover for rightback, although possibly someone who plays in midfield and has played rightback might be a better use of resources.

It’s amazes me Dodds ever became a professional footballer and non league in my opinion is his level

Why he's a footballer is easy, good first touch, good range of passing and excellent finisher. What's more baffling is why he's never fully kicked on and has ended up unwanted at a non league team at a relatively young age. I have spent a life time expecting him to kick on to the next level only to be disappointed overall every season.

We need 4 centrehalves, at the moment we've only got Smith as the other 2 are free to find clubs. I'd expect another centrehalf as well as Legge and possibly Knopps to be given a chance to be the 4th. We also need to cover for rightback, although possibly someone who plays in midfield and has played rightback might be a better use of resources.

Knopps is an experienced defender who can play out from the back. He would help us play 3 centre halves and wing backs. Our full backs are possibly better as wing backs. So if he can overcome the injuries it would be a real bonus to resign him.

Why he's a footballer is easy, good first touch, good range of passing and excellent finisher. What's more baffling is why he's never fully kicked on and has ended up unwanted at a non league team at a relatively young age. I have spent a life time expecting him to kick on to the next level only to be disappointed overall every season.

Good post. Players I know who’ve played with him and against him really rate him for those reasons and also that he doesn’t allow you to get near him with that good first touch and one touch passing. Put the right players around him and he’s an asset.

But I don’t care whether we have him or not but I think a player with his qualities would be a good addition to the squad and gives us another dimension. If there’s another one out there with those qualities then that’s great too. We all can see how we’re crying out for someone with a bit of vision and cleverness up front and to link up the play.

Good post. Players I know who’ve played with him and against him really rate him for those reasons and also that he doesn’t allow you to get near him with that good first touch and one touch passing. Put the right players around him and he’s an asset.

But I don’t care whether we have him or not but I think a player with his qualities would be a good addition to the squad and gives us another dimension. If there’s another one out there with those qualities then that’s great too. We all can see how we’re crying out for someone with a bit of vision and cleverness up front and to link up the play.

With his undoubted skill, maybe. With his unerring ability to disappear out of games, definitely not.

Archived