onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Anderson recalled by Burnley, and loaned out

PV1973

Advert

Agree AfE, but the summer deal was clear:

Whatever their reasoning it seems to me there was sod all we could about it.

I believe out of contract in the Summer, so we pay a fee for him now, or someone else does. Why did Burnley suddenly call him back now and not earlier in Jan? I know it is their call and may have been explained to Vale, but will we get to know?

I would presume this means he has something else lined up either a permanent move or a loan to a higher club.

Just hope we don't get any injuries - its always a possibility with loan signings which is why it was important to tie gunning down as he was our player who could play in 2 roles adequately or the very least replace him with a like for like.

I believe out of contract in the Summer, so we pay a fee for him now, or someone else does. Why did Burnley suddenly call him back now and not earlier in Jan? I know it is their call and may have been explained to Vale, but will we get to know?

To me, it sounds like someone has bid for him.

He's got six month's left on his contract and I can't see him getting a deal with Burnley. After all, he's going to be 25 in September and is nowhere near their first-team.

... perhaps they have had a bid for him from another club. If so, maybe we could put in an equal, counter offer... then again, maybe not. Paying out twice in a month may be too much to hope for.

The reason we sign players with recall options is simple. The parent club wouldn't let them go if there wasn't one.

Then the conversation should go like this:

Port Vale: "Hi, we'd like to loan Tom Anderson for a season"

Burnley: "You can, but we want an option to recall in January"

Port Vale: "Sorry, we can't run the risk of losing a player after 6 months. We will pursue other targets. Let us know if you change your mind".

Then we move onto another target. It was summer when we signed him, literally 1,000's of other options.

Iam sure Aspo would have made an offer for Anderson in the summer, maybe that offer needs to be put to Burnley now, save losing another defender.

Be surprised , Think Anderson would be well out of our pay league , a player low down in a premier league pecking order would still be our highest paid player by a mile..

I'm absolutely sick of this football club. We are an absolute shambles!

Does anyone running this club have a brain?

Does anyone at this club learn from past mistakes?

Why oh why do we keep signing players on 6 month deals or with 6 month recall options?!

We are a farce!

It was a loan deal .... Burnley recalled him he is there player that is how football works. This isn't vales fault. What we need to do now is replace him which we will find difficult at this stage.

Surely Burnley won’t have recalled him to force our hand to pay for him so they don’t lose him for free in the summer? He’s worth no more than £50k absolute maximum which is peanuts to them. They will get £20million for wherever they finish in the Prem.

I can only assume there has been interest from elsewhere.

Archived