onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Anderson recalled by Burnley, and loaned out

PV1973

Not defending Smurfwaite but the transfer market is ludicrous. Tyler Roberts of WBA has been on loan at Oxford (14 appearances, 0 goals) Shrewsbury (13 appearances, 4 goals) and Walsall (15 appearances, 5 goals) Leeds have brought him today for £2.5m. How on earth can we compete against that and go out and buy players that will improve us?

That's a very good point but to offset it Leeds do like to waste money on a grand scale.

The Premier League has progressively strangled football outside the very top level of the game ever since its inception.

Advert

Can't understand why people are criticising Burnley for this. If we had a player that was doing well at Unibond level, and had a 6 month recall on him, surely the proper thing to do would be to bring him back in January and then loan him out to a Conference North team. We'd owe it to that player's development. Obviously the timing could have been better but I don't get the anger towards the parent club.

It's just frustration, understand the point about playing at a higher level but that's if he plays regularly which he was doing at Vale.

I know all's fair in love and war but this just doesn't "Feel" right.

It's just frustration, understand the point about playing at a higher level but that's if he plays regularly which he was doing at Vale.

Would have felt better if recalled at the beginning of the transfer period. Swings and roundabouts, I would prefer full season loans, but if things don't work out they have to stay. Ideally as a "trial" like Walker and Beckford, not as a showcase or fitness recovery option. At the very least they give some cover, maybe the odd player above our budget. Most clubs do it nowadays, as we loan players out ourselves.

I honestly think he is very replaceable and I'm not bothered at all. On paper Raglan and Howe could be better options and Davis isn't any worse than Anderson either.

Yep, said before it depends who we can replace him with but imagine the doo Vale would have been in if Burnley/Doncaster had done this on the last day of the transfer window. People speak highly of Raglan and I have no idea about the other two CB signings so fingers crossed, hope they are match fit and Lge2 ready.

It does seem strange that hes gone there on loan when settled on loan to us, especially if burnley don't re-sign him.

Saw on a Donny rovers forum they were fine for ctr backs but have just lost the 3 main choices to injury over a 3 game period and are now threadbare -they were discussing how many ctr backs should a lge1 club have on the books-

so seems an emergency signing for the remainder of the season - of course they may be contributing more to his wage as well as offering higher league football for the loan period which would sway burnley

as long as we replace anyone who leaves with at least the same competency and able to slot straight into our first 11 like Anderson etc we should be ok if not we risk aspin having to chop n change to find out his first or forced 11 wasting games and time of whats left of the season

Archived