onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings?

WalterJ

Porter is decent, but those who cry out, "why couldn't we sign him!", we've just signed a bloody target man in Tom Pope. Have a little faith in the manager and his staff, then we will see where we are come the end of the window. People forget that this is the first time he's been in the hot seat, he needs a few weeks to build the squad, the majority I'm sure we will have in place come the start of pre-season.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I agree, I'd much rather have Pope than Porter. However I do think he needs to do some business in other areas to inspire the fans to get the season tickets, just like Pope's signature did last month

Advert

Porter is decent, but those who cry out, "why couldn't we sign him!", we've just signed a bloody target man in Tom Pope. Have a little faith in the manager and his staff, then we will see where we are come the end of the window. People forget that this is the first time he's been in the hot seat, he needs a few weeks to build the squad, the majority I'm sure we will have in place come the start of pre-season.

We could always have 2 target men, we had 6 goal keepers and 4 right backs last season.:smile:

May be brown can only offer 6/12 month contracts as the club is in limbo i.e. present owner / new owner I now pope was signed on two year contract but that was to get fans buying season tickets. If you look at the rest young lads 12 months pugh 12 months yates 12 months brown player/manager 12 months bikey offer but depends on fitness. so have the rest been offered short term contracts aswell.

Pope 2 years

That post is a welcome breath of fresh air to this thread. Agree entirely

They have been offering 2/3 year deals to older players though

Because they no longer dare to look at the youth side of things - What youth players are going to go to crewe, What respectable parents are not trying to steer their children away from Crewe. The Barry Bonnell issue will linger over Crewe for decades. Does any resonably sensible adult think that it was bonnell and Bonnell alone ? No one else at the club knew what was going on ?? If you believe that you will believe that Vale are going hijack the transfer of Gareth Bale - Crewe have to go for the older players now.

What about January? I thought he was in the hot seat then too? I see Forest Green fans are having to show patience as well with h another signing today, and Bury.

Because they no longer dare to look at the youth side of things - What youth players are going to go to crewe, What respectable parents are not trying to steer their children away from Crewe. The Barry Bonnell issue will linger over Crewe for decades. Does any resonably sensible adult think that it was bonnell and Bonnell alone ? No one else at the club knew what was going on ?? If you believe that you will believe that Vale are going hijack the transfer of Gareth Bale - Crewe have to go for the older players now.

the stench from crewe has reached normacot and by the start of the season should be in utcheter or wotuckshether as the romans called it.

think a lot of the concern is because we need so many first choice players 6/7 maybe (keeper ,left back,centre half 2/3 midfielders centre forward) which is going to be hard if they all arrive late once this month is out we start the countdown to the season whereby tactics and togetherness are going to be formed.

The poss problem was Brown was acting manager end of season so probably could go after targets if he couldnt guarantee them he would be around however at least you would expect a seperate target list would have been made if we had stayed up or gone down with a readiness to get them in and improve where needed as other teams have started to do ie northampton with foley

Archived