onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings?

WalterJ

Advert

I posted months ago my thoughts on successive relegatiions and was widelely berated. Just as I have been from the onset of our promotion which was in no part smufwaites doing. Most fans just did not get how I could be critical of the man who saved us from oblivion. The fact is he never did.

There were other bidders.

This man will never put us into admin why would he he owns our ground.

If we were not in the football league a ground share with Macclesfield town or even Crewe would be a real possibility. By Christmas we will all just wish we had not been bought out of admin by this clown out of sheer embarrassment.

The season hasn't even started and your talking **** your the embarrassment

Joe Skarz has left Oxford by mutual consent.

He'd be a good signing, seeing as we've not got a single left-back (with Knops out for at least the first half of the season)......whilst potentially having 3 or 4 right-backs! I think we (under Adams) were after him when he was at Bury but he ended up going to Rotherham. BBC suggests that he may be linked with a return to Bury though, so if that's true obviously we'd have no chance.

Bit dramatic, the season only fully ended on Sunday with the play off final!

Early days and players will take time to decide what they want to do, may have various offers and won't rush. As summer progresses players will then start to sign for clubs.

Mansfield will be paying over the odds for their signings to make them so quickly and let's be honest if Porter or the like had multiple offers he wouldn't have signed for Crewe so fast for example.

If this time next month we are no closer with a few signings then we can worry.

Bit dramatic, the season only fully ended on Sunday with the play off final!

Early days and players will take time to decide what they want to do, may have various offers and won't rush. As summer progresses players will then start to sign for clubs.

Mansfield will be paying over the odds for their signings to make them so quickly and let's be honest if Porter or the like had multiple offers he wouldn't have signed for Crewe so fast for example.

If this time next month we are no closer with a few signings then we can worry.

Good post that VF16. I don't think we should be concerned at the moment. I know as fans it's hard not to be anxious after last seasons shenanigans. But I don't think the club dare let us down again, they need to seriously right some wrongs before the start of next season.

I posted months ago my thoughts on successive relegatiions and was widelely berated. Just as I have been from the onset of our promotion which was in no part smufwaites doing. Most fans just did not get how I could be critical of the man who saved us from oblivion. The fact is he never did.

If we were not in the football league a ground share with Macclesfield town or even Crewe would be a real possibility. By Christmas we will all just wish we had not been bought out of admin by this clown out of sheer embarrassment.

What rubbish get a brain transplant!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

nowt has happened yet to make me think that we will bounce straight back,more like a season of struggle and supporters staying away, a good season for the vale will be to avoid dropping out of the league but I'm not confident that we can achieve that,all I can see is a very depressing season ahead similar to the one just gone only worse.:sad::angry:

Don't reply to this Wind up merchant

Last season we announced Ribeiro as our manager on June 20th. Our signings came a few days after that. Contracts were probably due to start on July 1st.

I said to my owd man just after we got relegated that we probably won't make any signings until the end of June.

Why would Norman pay an extra months wages for **** all?

Pope was commissioned to sell Season tickets and of course he wanted to come. And I am glad he is here. It's a great signing.

I hope I'm wrong but I can't see much business before the end of the month.

The budget is more than likely garbage and the owner won't pay an extra month for nothing.

Nothing really changes.

Again, I do hope I'm wrong.

As much is I'd like to see more positive recruitment activity I think people need to realise that the pond of players that we can fish in is pretty small at the moment I.e. it basically counts ns players that have been confirmed as released. Still to come are those players offered contracts by their existing clubs but turn them down or don't accept terms by the deadline. Furthermore, any young potential loan signings are likely to come later in the summer once they have had a pre-season at their club before they decide whether to loan them out or keep them to compete for a first team place.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using the onevalefan mobile app

Joe Skarz has left Oxford by mutual consent.

He'd be a good signing, seeing as we've not got a single left-back (with Knops out for at least the first half of the season)......whilst potentially having 3 or 4 right-backs! I think we (under Adams) were after him when he was at Bury but he ended up going to Rotherham. BBC suggests that he may be linked with a return to Bury though, so if that's true obviously we'd have no chance.

Brown has a cunning plan to use Adam Yates at left back saving money recruiting a real left back and has cover for right back.

Archived