onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings?

WalterJ

Advert

Absolute gold, he could fit into their 'blueprint' if they can shape & develop him, but if he counts as a 'physical presence' in their side, they won't get very far in L2 next season!

I don't think Grimmer would come in unless Purkiss left. I think he will be right-back next season. I'd rather he'd left, but it's up to management to make the right decisions. Yates to back up and Gibbons out on loan somewhere for the season, he looked a bit raw for league football when I've seen him.

Possibly, I'd prefer Grimmer over Purkiss but I know what you mean. I felt Purkiss went downhill a bit last season possibly due to the fact he had a few knocks and Bruno froze him out for a period as well? I've never rated Yates very highly at all but as you say he ought to be decent back up. With regard to Gibbons I'd agree, although to be fair I saw nothing any better from Turner or Reeves(despite the hype off some with the latter) that they will make a massive impact even in League Two. I hope they all prove me wrong but I'd be looking to loan all of them to at least Conference North level to develop but I get the impression at least 2 of the 3 may be regular squad members!?

Possibly, I'd prefer Grimmer over Purkiss but I know what you mean. I felt Purkiss went downhill a bit last season possibly due to the fact he had a few knocks and Bruno froze him out for a period as well? I've never rated Yates very highly at all but as you say he ought to be decent back up. With regard to Gibbons I'd agree, although to be fair I saw nothing any better from Turner or Reeves(despite the hype off some with the latter) that they will make a massive impact even in League Two. I hope they all prove me wrong but I'd be looking to loan all of them to at least Conference North level to develop but I get the impression at least 2 of the 3 may be regular squad members!?

I would also prefer Grimmer to Purkiss, but I can't see us having that many right-backs on the books. Purkiss definitely went down and was most certainly not captain material. Perhaps he'll be better without that to deal with.

Turner and Reeves came in to a poor situation and did ok. Given that we are dropping to a lower level, it may be good to have them a squad players, but ultimately their development could also benefit from loan spells. Perhaps if we can get some season-long loans in from Prem/Champ clubs with their youngsters, then we can send out our youngsters to the National League or National League North/South teams.

I concur with that .

So they resign Tom Pope yes the lads a worker and on his day unplayable .

We have just released or payed off or whatever we have done with numerous players yet we have brought one in and give a contract to Pugh and loads of kids .

So i take it they havent sold over 1500 season tickets then and if so r u surprised we were struggling get a home support come v Sheffield Utd and Bolton with packed away ends .

These r dark days if we have to rely on loan signings they should only be brought in in Jan unless on a season long loan .

The club needs to be sold immediately as the fans who aint renewing have good reason not to and if its sold there is no excuse unless SKINT then tbats bad money management .

We're skint and we know we are

Good player at this level and a proven scorer.

Two good signings for them in Raynes and Porter. They've still got Dagnell too.

Bit of a coup for them I would have thought.

Yes, they're making decent signings that could/should have them challenging for the top 7 places next season.

Haven't they had quite a wedge recently from sell-on clauses? (Ashley Westwood, was there another too?)

I would also prefer Grimmer to Purkiss, but I can't see us having that many right-backs on the books. Purkiss definitely went down and was most certainly not captain material. Perhaps he'll be better without that to deal with.

Turner and Reeves came in to a poor situation and did ok. Given that we are dropping to a lower level, it may be good to have them a squad players, but ultimately their development could also benefit from loan spells. Perhaps if we can get some season-long loans in from Prem/Champ clubs with their youngsters, then we can send out our youngsters to the National League or National League North/South teams.

Stick with us for a season then they can experience the national league first hand.

Adam Yates has signed a new 1 year deal apparently, maybe he's the signing

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Still can't see the logic of offering Yates a contract.

The money should have been used wisely to sign a player who could play regularly in the first team or top up wages for better players.Especially if Purkiss signs can't see the logic of then signing Gibbons. These signings must all be reducing the budget for signing decent players.

Archived