onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings?

WalterJ

It's always a slow time for football. Remember the days before the internet when we had the occasional snippet on the back page of the Sentinel and we had to wait for the preview paper that they released about a week before the new season.[\QUOTE]

Anyone remember the Sentinel football album?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Saying Brown is responsible for an unfortunate batch of injuries (or with one or two players, supposed injuries) reminds me of that loony religious group in the USA, was it the West-something Baptists who say weather disasters and US soldiers being killed are God's punishment for gays being legal and other such rubbish.

What next - Brown and Garlick cause the floodlight bulbs to break, and of course iot was Brown's fault we got Huddersfield away in the FA Cup instead of Manchester United at home.

It's always a slow time for football. Remember the days before the internet when we had the occasional snippet on the back page of the Sentinel and we had to wait for the preview paper that they released about a week before the new season.[\QUOTE]

Anyone remember the Sentinel football album?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Yes, they were great, I have a few going back to the 1960s - they are still availabkle on Ebay at reasonable prices from time to time.

I used to like the FA Year Book as well, but by far the best was the giant 700+ page Rothmans annual with all appearances and results for every club and just about everything else. Smashing books - the Sentinel used to do preseason newspapers too as well as promotion specials and FA Cup specials - don't suppose these still get issued ?

Brown was just as much to blame, don't start this crap again. Many managers get dealt a bad hand that dosent stop them doing their own tactics and team selections, all of which brown got consistently wrong. Left with bad players? Yes. Working under a complete **** if a chairman? God yes. But a decent a manager is still able to at least organise the defence correctly and realise that players such as Taylor and hooper should've been knowehere near that starting 11. He had bad luck? THe players who got injured have picked up injuries before; Bruno had forrester injured for long periods. I certainly don't think it's unlucky in browns case that walker got inhured. The same with forrester, two players with a track record of injuries.

For you to say brown deserves no blame, that's ridiculous.

proof or otherwise of that statement will be revealed in august until then it's pure speculation you never know we MIGHT be pleasantly surprised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

After reading what the peterboro chairman says i feel that even in the lower divisions players r demanding to much .

I have no problem with that as long as after 23 home games the attendances have gone up .

So for example first home game v Exeter 4500 there and because the players r doing that well and playing to a level whats expected of them then last game 8000 there then i dont mind players getting paid what they r worth or getting a little extra for bringing the fans in with an unlikely cup run which sees Vale in the final.

When average players like shaquiri r on 80 k a week and the people who watch them r working 60 hrs to get say 400 quid per week max then u can c that that will drive these no mark players worths up .

Football is all about money these days its no longer about local players etc in a word its CRAP .

The thing is a club like Vale will forever struggle because they have no money hence the foreign experiment the not getting a manager in who would demand a fab wage .

We r what we r as for the signing of players why should we pay someone to much as there is no guarantee they going be any good .

Its all risk .

Id give Bikey a contract but he must understand if he wants say 3 grand a week then fair enough but make sure u r winning games and fans want to attend or im sorry u should be getting no more than 800 a week .

Eagles is one id give a contract to as he has magic in his boots but same again u getting paid for bringing the dormant fans in the ones who would find any excuse not go .

Then ill think about getting a season ticket as ill have to work 60 hrs overtime pay for it .

Players u remember that .

Utv

After reading what the peterboro chairman says i feel that even in the lower divisions players r demanding to much .

I have no problem with that as long as after 23 home games the attendances have gone up .

So for example first home game v Exeter 4500 there and because the players r doing that well and playing to a level whats expected of them then last game 8000 there then i dont mind players getting paid what they r worth or getting a little extra for bringing the fans in with an unlikely cup run which sees Vale in the final.

When average players like shaquiri r on 80 k a week and the people who watch them r working 60 hrs to get say 400 quid per week max then u can c that that will drive these no mark players worths up .

Football is all about money these days its no longer about local players etc in a word its CRAP .

The thing is a club like Vale will forever struggle because they have no money hence the foreign experiment the not getting a manager in who would demand a fab wage .

We r what we r as for the signing of players why should we pay someone to much as there is no guarantee they going be any good .

Its all risk .

Id give Bikey a contract but he must understand if he wants say 3 grand a week then fair enough but make sure u r winning games and fans want to attend or im sorry u should be getting no more than 800 a week .

Eagles is one id give a contract to as he has magic in his boots but same again u getting paid for bringing the dormant fans in the ones who would find any excuse not go .

Then ill think about getting a season ticket as ill have to work 60 hrs overtime pay for it .

Utv

Some very good points-

Perhaps the way forward for lge 1 n 2 is to have a wage cap with bonus at end of season subject to lge position or perhaps paying crowd related- if the team is crap less people watch = no bonus(commission) if below a target figure for eg

I do think that football itself could inplode as the pyramid erodes from the bottom up, over a long period of time can see Rugby becoming the new football-

Some very good points-

Perhaps the way forward for lge 1 n 2 is to have a wage cap with bonus at end of season subject to lge position or perhaps paying crowd related- if the team is crap less people watch = no bonus(commission) if below a target figure for eg

I do think that football itself could inplode as the pyramid erodes from the bottom up, over a long period of time can see Rugby becoming the new football-

I agree with that. It will sadly never happen though.

Its all risk .

Utv

60 hours shouldn't be a problem, some have done over 100 this month and aren't on your night rate

Archived