onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf on the radio

Mario

He should make Brown manager now if he is going to let him sign players. The current crop are poor and i wouldn't judge Brown on Bruno's signings. He cant give him a benchmark and then demote him if he doesn't get the results in January. That means a new manager will not have time to bring his own players in.

It sounds like the CEO is actually working behind the scenes. I hope we see the fruits of his labour soon!!

Brown does have 2 new players back for Saturday with both JJ and Forrester back. We may have more of a cutting edge.

Advert

[REP]Some people will just look to find fault with the chairman for any minor thing[/REP]

"That is just nit picking"

"On the day Smurf let Wildes buy Vale with his cash, could he not have rested on that day instead" "good one"

"Two word review, **** team", "Where's it say that, you can't say that"

Probably about sums it up for me too. The only issue with that is that our performances have been pretty abysmal in the last 3 games and I'm not sure we will get 4 points. That could leave a new manager with no transfer window and an assistant he may not want which would be an exceptionally hard job.

Good post by Essex Vale #37 sums up the situation quite well don't you think ?

Don't understand giving brown the next few matches and then re assessing it. It's a key transfer window and imo the option is to appoint a new manager now or give the job to brown till the end of the season asap. At least then either brown or a new manager would be able to sign players they actually want rather than brown signing a couple of players that a new manager may not want a couple of weeks down the line.

Don't understand giving brown the next few matches and then re assessing it. It's a key transfer window and imo the option is to appoint a new manager now or give the job to brown till the end of the season asap. At least then either brown or a new manager would be able to sign players they actually want rather than brown signing a couple of players that a new manager may not want a couple of weeks down the line.

Thought am interesting line in a onevalefan newsfeed that states this:

Caretaker manager Michael Brown says a “team” are trying to bring in new players but in the meantime he will work on improving the existing players’ fitness. The Sentinel reports...

If a team is trying to bring in players 1)who are they, whi is is secret?? 2) Is M Brown being the decision maker or involved in the process ??? 3) If M Brown isnt involved and gets a player he doesnt want wont this show a distrust for him to be manager or asst manager and literally hang him out to dry similar to Bruno whom my perception is was a puppet on a string.

Why involve Mixu and muddy the waters further with too many people getting involed.

Their needs to be a structure of hierarchy where each can do their jobs in a workable framework of responsibilty

When I read the thread title... my heart sank

I admit I havent found the will to listen to it yet

After reading what he said I was left smiling and shaking my head.

The long and explanatory post by Essex Vale is an excellent response/reply

I dont have the will to present any coherent thoughts regarding the broadcast at this time

I will however condense my response to the simplest form because its difficult to type whilst banging your head against a wall.

2 words cover it aptly

Waffle and cack

Thought am interesting line in a onevalefan newsfeed that states this:

Caretaker manager Michael Brown says a “team” are trying to bring in new players but in the meantime he will work on improving the existing players’ fitness. The Sentinel reports...

If a team is trying to bring in players 1)who are they, whi is is secret?? 2) Is M Brown being the decision maker or involved in the process ??? 3) If M Brown isnt involved and gets a player he doesnt want wont this show a distrust for him to be manager or asst manager and literally hang him out to dry similar to Bruno whom my perception is was a puppet on a string.

Why involve Mixu and muddy the waters further with too many people getting involed.

Their needs to be a structure of hierarchy where each can do their jobs in a workable framework of responsibilty

Smurf said it was Brown and Garlick (the new CEO) who are working on new signings.

I'd still like to hear what the Vale's definition of a CEO is. It's all very good calling someone a CEO but does he perform the duties of a CEO?

After all an owner can step away and allow a club secretary to do the day-to-day things (the role Mr Garlick replaced) but that doesn't make that person the CEO.

I would say one of the key elements of being a CEO is that you are given overall control of the budget - that is you are given a budget and then allowed to use that budget to appoint the staff you want etc. At the same time you provide the long-term plan for the club - a strategy and plan of action.

If he isn't doing those things and just being the de facto office team leader then he's surely just club secretary albeit with the title of "CEO".

If he is wholy in charge of the budget and long-term plans - then why isn't this strategic vision being shared, why isn't he talking to the press? It's not much use having a vision for a football club if you keep it a secret. It's not much use having a CEO if they remain silent.

Just as an example this is what the Reading CEO did when that club was still in League One - http://www.isportconnect.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19406&Itemid=485

p.s. one giveaway - he is listed as "club secretary" on the official website - http://www.port-vale.co.uk/club/whoswho/

Perhaps Smurf doesn't understand the role of a CEO or he is redefining that role :wink:

He did the same with Page who had an indifferent caretaker spell....but he still gave him the job. He knows he's going to end up giving it Brown til the end of the season because he's got no idea how to select anyone else.

He did the same with Page who had an indifferent caretaker spell....but he still gave him the job. He knows he's going to end up giving it Brown til the end of the season because he's got no idea how to select anyone else.

Exactly. Why create a culture of uncertainty- again. It's absolute madness and only goes to show that he doesn't have the faintest idea what he's doing. For history to repeat itself is plain stupidity; do I presume that he'll give Brown the job a la Page, sack him at Christmas and then Kelly "might get the job dependent on results" (sic) next February? It's a clever way of not spending any money in the January transfer window.

As for picking any future managers assistant again, words fail me.

Felt Smurf came across his usual abrasive honest self. Bit prickly when asked about Eagles and Hitchcock, something along the lines of we will take one not the other, work it out for yourself , was what he said to Blakeman.

LadyVale was bob on, we all know it is going to be Brown, just give it the bloke. Not my choice at all but instead of the dilly dallying and then saying Brown is here till June 2018 come what may he ought just have done and give it him.

Most managers bring their own staff always have always will, didn,t work when Lee Sinnott was given our old staff and undermined.

Any right minded candidate whether it be Adkins, Cotterill, AN Other will want their own number two not somebody foisted upon them by a chairman who seeks advice on our squad from Mixu Paatelainen !!

On Brown: "He knows a lot of people, is very well connected and is a very level lad, although sometimes he gets a bit carried away with what Man City do with some of their players, but he is very level and I genuinely believe that at some point he will the manager of Port Vale Football Club"

Comments like this from Smurf really infuriate me. So what if Brown is emulating the methods used by Man City? That can only be a good thing in my eyes and should be encouraged. If it's good enough for a top 4 Prem club then it's good enough for us!

Some very damning comments about some of Brunos signings. Hoping that some of them want to leave and return home, and also questioning the attitude of the younger players Bruno signed who just want to stay at home on the playstation, instead of getting out there and playing.

Archived