onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf on the radio

Mario

On Brown: "He knows a lot of people, is very well connected and is a very level lad, although sometimes he gets a bit carried away with what Man City do with some of their players, but he is very level and I genuinely believe that at some point he will the manager of Port Vale Football Club"

Comments like this from Smurf really infuriate me. So what if Brown is emulating the methods used by Man City? That can only be a good thing in my eyes and should be encouraged. If it's good enough for a top 4 Prem club then it's good enough for us!

It doesn't bother you that he keeps saying he's ;leaving the football side of things to those who know better, then starts dishing out contracts to people who he's deems "very level"? Jesus, what an utter shambles

Advert

Apparently, both Eagles and Hitchcock asked to play in a match to gain fitness. It seems that Eagles impressed and, therefore, may be signed. I cannot understand the people criticising Smurf for saying one will be signed. Surely we are not expected to sign up immediately anyone who asks us to be given some game time.

Apparently, both Eagles and Hitchcock asked to play in a match to gain fitness. It seems that Eagles impressed and, therefore, may be signed. I cannot understand the people criticising Smurf for saying one will be signed. Surely we are not expected to sign up immediately anyone who asks us to be given some game time.

With smurfs history it wont be eagles signing.

To put the whole thing into perspective start with the broad statement.... he is no longer involved with the day to day running of the club....

He has a secretary sorry CEO who is acting like the third man... you know he is there you just dont know what he does

He has an assistant manager or manager or possible managers assistant who has had his contract extended to some future date even if he isnt the manager or the manager who will be doesnt want him

Both of these company employees are now doing the business so smurf doesnt have to worry about doing the PR and selecting employees... he also has, on a short term basis, a consultant who is advising him on whats wrong with the team, bearing in mind hes not got a hands on role anymore and has a "team" to do the work stuff, wouldnt it be better if the manager or assistant manager and the CEO were in tune with whats going wrong.... its obvious to a blind ferret whats wrong with the team and whats wrong with the club... no begger knows who is supposed to be doing what on or off the field.

Im just pleased that now the dream team are in control smurf wont be making the decisions and doing the PR/press releases....

The man is a buffoon.

I think these type of comments are disgraceful. You may think he isn’t doing a good job but the personal slurs are not on. I firmly believe that he is trying his very best and is very much out of pocket by trying to better us as a club. If you don’t think he is doing a good job then fine but lay off the insults as its really unnecessary!

I agree that you shouldn't rush into signing players for the sake of it. :yes:

But to be fair, I've just read the entire eight page thread and there's only one comment criticising the comment about signing one trialist comment. So, that's hardly "people criticising" when it's one post in a 48 posts long thread.

We did with Paterson this season and AJ last season.

Well those players who come in for trials / game time are here to make an impression too. If Eagles has come in and impressed in training and a reserve game then its a safe bet we'll offer him something to get him signed up short term at least. Frankly we are a bit desperate for attacking options I feel.

He's the devil, you have to hate the devil!

Sounds to me like Mixu was doing some consulting work for Smurf/MB on the team, another set of eyes, a different perspective, what's good what's not so good, what's needed. At the end of the day Smurf and MB take or leave Mixu's view.

This is the managers role. If Brown is good enough its his, and only his, opinion that should matter. If he feels he needs to seek advice from outside parties then doesnt that show a lack of trust in Browns ability/judgement? Obviously also talking about what will happen if/when Brown fails also doesnt bleed confidence.

Too many chiefs and not enough indians springs to mind...

Maybe its just me, but what can an outsider offer that someone on the inside with day to day involvement cant? Whats this Mixu's track record?

If Browns the man, back him and leave him too it. Any doubt go out and get someone in who you fully trust to do the job. We dont need a consultant sitting in the stand telling us were ****, we need someone who can work day to day to improve the situation.

How is taking a back seat, sitting with someone and getting opinions on football matters?

Archived