onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf on the radio

Mario

Advert

This is the managers role. If Brown is good enough its his, and only his, opinion that should matter. If he feels he needs to seek advice from outside parties then doesnt that show a lack of trust in Browns ability/judgement? Obviously also talking about what will happen if/when Brown fails also doesnt bleed confidence.

By the sounds of it this was "opportunistic consulting" on both Smurf's and Patalainen's part and most likely the information the latter gave to Smurf would have been given to Michael Brown.

Asking someone else for an opinion isn't a sign of weakness, taking a back seat or too many chiefs it's being open minded, simply getting a different perspective/opinion that can be acted on or ignored depending on what Smurf or MB think, nothing more nothing less. It's just another managerial technique.

All companies from the smallest to the largest often get opinions from outsiders just for a different view or to tap into a different resource or a different expertise.

I agree that an appointment should have been made permanent by now.

Essex Vale sums it up perfectly.

It's frightening that we have this man running our football club.

Absolutely frightening.

I'm glad that many have now realised that what I and a couple of others have been saying for a long time now in regard to our owner and I in particular took a good deal of flak for saying it off quite a few.

I would love Vale to have a good Chairman and owner but sadly the present one isn't that man.

I must say I nearly spit my cuppa over my mrs when my lad told me of these latest signings. Now don't get me wrong I would love to see Eagles who was a decent player once turnout to be a success but a lad who has been released by Accy doesn't sound too likely to be part of a team to get us into the Championship!

The more I hear about our owner the more fearful for our future I become.

I'm glad that many have now realised that what I and a couple of others have been saying for a long time now in regard to our owner and I in particular took a good deal of flak for saying it off quite a few.

I would love Vale to have a good Chairman and owner but sadly the present one isn't that man.

I must say I nearly spit my cuppa over my mrs when my lad told me of these latest signings. Now don't get me wrong I would love to see Eagles who once a decent player once turnout to be a success but a lad who has been released by Accy doesn't sound too likely to be part of a team to get us into the Championship!

You don't know of the circumstances why he was released it could be that they are in a bit of a precarious position down at he foot of the 2 nd division and could prob bring in 2-3 players for Eagles wage at the club

You don't know of the circumstances why he was released it could be that they are in a bit of a precarious position down at he foot of the 2 nd division and could prob bring in 2-3 players for Eagles wage at the club

I doubt that somehow .....................

Exactly... I really don’t know where some Vale fans get off thinking they can just ask the owner to sell up. If he was to pull the plug then I suspect we would be in far worse position. I suppose then again it gives certain people on here another reason to moan.

For people to dissect a radio interview in such great detail and to pick apart every single word Norman said is just plain sad.

I’m of the opinion that while he does some very silly things he also does a lot of good. That seems to get constantly over looked.

Can you enlighten on us on the good things he does?

To my mind, he's built a club shop (I suspect Wildes already put this is place before he left), and improved the floodlights (after threats from the FA).

I'm genuinely interested in the good things...

To my mind, he's built a club shop (I suspect Wildes already put this is place before he left), and improved the floodlights (after threats from the FA).

This is the same Wildes who when it came down to it had .... no money. He wastesaid a few hundred k a season keeping us afloat.

Give me a couple of million of your money and I will take credit for things I do with it! ;)

I must say I nearly spit my cuppa over my mrs when my lad told me of these latest signings. Now don't get me wrong I would love to see Eagles who was a decent player once turnout to be a success but a lad who has been released by Accy doesn't sound too likely to be part of a team to get us into the Championship!

These were players the current caretaker wanted, so it's on him, equally as it will be on him if they are a success. Judging players before they've played one competitive minute for our club devalues your post somewhat.

My thoughts on Eagles is that he could do well for us especially on the wide open spaces of Vale Park. Accy's is a small pitch and although in better shape than previous years I wouldn't be surprised if it was still very bobbly on the wings, negating the strengths of a player like eagles. I do remember very well how he ran us ragged when we played Burnley at Turf Moor. Welcome to Vale Park. I look forward to watching to watching him at our next away game.

These were players the current caretaker wanted' date=' so it's on him[/quote']

Unless they are successful, then the chairman will want the credit.

Also, as JJ Vale says, I too would be interested to hear the good things that he has done, although I would add financing the signing of Lee Hughes to his list of 2.

These were players the current caretaker wanted' date=' so it's on him, equally as it will be on him if they are a success. Judging players before they've played one competitive minute for our club devalues your post somewhat.[/quote']How do you know that then oh wise one? I strongly suspect that he was told just how much he could offer as a salary.

As I wrote in my previous post which you choose to omit I hope that Eagles does prove to be a successful signing.

Give me a couple of million of your money and I will take credit for things I do with it! ;)

You'd probably get a phone call from Arsene Wenger saying his brother-in-laws mate's neighbour was a great manager, sign him up on a 3 year contract and let him waste the lot and bring 13 players from Latvia, South Ossetia, Rwanda, the Isle of Man, the Isle of Dogs, Saturn and Leek Town reserves.

Then blame everyone else for the team not performing, saying that if we didn't reach the 6th round of the Cup and get 18pts clear by the end of October then Plans R, E and P would be implemented.

Archived