onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf on the radio

Mario

This is the managers role. If Brown is good enough its his, and only his, opinion that should matter. If he feels he needs to seek advice from outside parties then doesnt that show a lack of trust in Browns ability/judgement? Obviously also talking about what will happen if/when Brown fails also doesnt bleed confidence.

Too many chiefs and not enough indians springs to mind...

Maybe its just me, but what can an outsider offer that someone on the inside with day to day involvement cant? Whats this Mixu's track record?

If Browns the man, back him and leave him too it. Any doubt go out and get someone in who you fully trust to do the job. We dont need a consultant sitting in the stand telling us were ****, we need someone who can work day to day to improve the situation.

How is taking a back seat, sitting with someone and getting opinions on football matters?

Sorry, I thought it was good thing to see he has been taking advice from someone who has varied experience throughout football?

Personally I would want as much information as I could get if I was in Smurfs position. Isn't it possible to think he might just be looking for outside advice to weigh up not just how Brown is performing but also what he is up to behind the scenes?

Let's face it his last appointment didn't go that well!

Advert

He doesn't need to sell, he needs to get the right people appointed and then step back. Ownership is not the issue.

Exactly... I really don’t know where some Vale fans get off thinking they can just ask the owner to sell up. If he was to pull the plug then I suspect we would be in far worse position. I suppose then again it gives certain people on here another reason to moan.

For people to dissect a radio interview in such great detail and to pick apart every single word Norman said is just plain sad.

I’m of the opinion that while he does some very silly things he also does a lot of good. That seems to get constantly over looked.

I'll feel happy if Brown can introduce a couple of 'better than what we already have' players.

With a couple of better quality players Brown will at the least keep us in a safe position and possibly take the team to a high up position in L1.

:upthevale:

Most of the crap can get sorted in 3 easy steps...

Step 1] Appoint a manager, temporary or otherwise, tell him/her what the budget is and let him/her get on with it

Step 2] Appoint a CEO, dont just upgrade a job title, tell him/her what you want long term, give him/her the budget, task them to produce a short/medium/long term plan that you agree with and let them get on with it

Step 3] Take big ones to the rear

Even if "big ones" doesnt want to go :laugh:

W

Exactly... I really don’t know where some Vale fans get off thinking they can just ask the owner to sell up. If he was to pull the plug then I suspect we would be in far worse position. I suppose then again it gives certain people on here another reason to moan.

For people to dissect a radio interview in such great detail and to pick apart every single word Norman said is just plain sad.

I’m of the opinion that while he does some very silly things he also does a lot of good. That seems to get constantly over looked.

Exactly....and what doesn't always come across is that some of his words are surely said tongue in cheek.

Sorry, I thought it was good thing to see he has been taking advice from someone who has varied experience throughout football?

Personally I would want as much information as I could get if I was in Smurfs position. Isn't it possible to think he might just be looking for outside advice to weigh up not just how Brown is performing but also what he is up to behind the scenes?

Let's face it his last appointment didn't go that well!

This is a guy who Smurf said is gunning for a job. A job he then confirmed Mixu would not be in contention for.

Archived