onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf on the radio

Mario

Advert

Wasn't aimed at you Geo. I agree with you it is debt, but there's good debt and bad debt. People suggesting any debt is bad is misleading.

I sort of started this thing off for which I'm very sorry as I was only pulling REP up on his definition of debt. Like you I think that if Smurf wipes off the loans however he does it then it's fine. Wish I'd kept my bloody fingers off the keyboard there are far more important things in life!

That said it is exactly this murky area of finance that is stopping the take over at Forest going through.

And just for the record I disagree with REP

I sort of started this thing off for which I'm very sorry as I was only pulling REP up on his definition of debt. Like you I think that if Smurf wipes off the loans however he does it then it's fine. Wish I'd kept my bloody fingers off the keyboard there are far more important things in life!

That said it is exactly this murky area of finance that is stopping the take over at Forest going through.

And just for the record I disagree with REP

Thanks for the name check, crikey I am popular today, must be trending!

Just for the record I'm pulling you up/off on the fact I completely disagree with you :wink:

Still good to hear you think we are going to be fine, now if you could just tell the hate mob we can all relax.

Thanks for the name check, crikey I am popular today, must be trending!

Just for the record I'm pulling you up/off on the fact I completely disagree with you :wink:

Still good to hear you think we are going to be fine, now if you could just tell the hate mob we can all relax.

Didn't say that I think we will be fine under Smurf I simply pray we will be.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

You obviously don't understand......have a look at our squad size (it's 34 players). It's massively overinflated. Norman is having to subsidise those extra players, which is unnecessary...

It's ludicrous when you delete half of the sentence yes. Putting money in = giving Port Vale money without expecting it back. It is a directors LOAN. I "put money in" to the club every year with season tickets and shirt purchases, I'm not loaning the club money am I?

Is this really a serious question?! Go and speak to your local bank and ask them that. Norman has previously said he "has never lost money on a business deal yet and doesn't intend to start now". You must surely see that this means he's expecting to have it returned? I doubt he'll charge any interest on the loan but he'll want it back at some point.

I'm not having a go at Norman but people need to realise the facts and stop saying he's "putting money into the club" because he isn't.

Please don't patronize - if you state your case badly, you must expect some misinterpretation!

Your first point: if the size of the squad means we can't pay the bills every month, and Norman doesn't pick that up, would we go into administration, or not? Also, as I recall, when we were signing so many players, I thought it had been suggested that many of these were on less money than comparable home-based players - 2 for 1, effectively!

Point 2: whether it's the full sentence, or not...let me reiterate: "Norman isn't putting money in, he's putting money in in the form of a loan"...so there IS money being put in, and it's in the form of loans, from Norman? Many people would say you're not putting money into the Vale, you're purchasing goods/services from the Vale - I don't consider that I'm putting money into the shops I buy stuff from...although, factually, I am...I call it "shopping"...which Norman can't really do, as he owns the club! "Putting money in" usually means investing in - which you aren't...you're buying from!

That question was partially tongue-in-cheek...except, it was a valid point that the loans Eddie Davies made to BWFC never became debts that damaged the club, because he wrote them off...all £170 million of them. But, I bow to your superior knowledge of the Smurf in knowing that he will definitely want them back! Also, it is different from my Bank because they wouldn't just write off their loans...unless I went into administration!

Please don't patronize - if you state your case badly, you must expect some misinterpretation!

Your first point: if the size of the squad means we can't pay the bills every month, and Norman doesn't pick that up, would we go into administration, or not? Also, as I recall, when we were signing so many players, I thought it had been suggested that many of these were on less money than comparable home-based players - 2 for 1, effectively!

Point 2: whether it's the full sentence, or not...let me reiterate: "Norman isn't putting money in, he's putting money in in the form of a loan"...so there IS money being put in, and it's in the form of loans, from Norman? Many people would say you're not putting money into the Vale, you're purchasing goods/services from the Vale - I don't consider that I'm putting money into the shops I buy stuff from...although, factually, I am...I call it "shopping"...which Norman can't really do, as he owns the club! "Putting money in" usually means investing in - which you aren't...you're buying from!

That question was partially tongue-in-cheek...except, it was a valid point that the loans Eddie Davies made to BWFC never became debts that damaged the club, because he wrote them off...all £170 million of them. But, I bow to your superior knowledge of the Smurf in knowing that he will definitely want them back! Also, it is different from my Bank because they wouldn't just write off their loans...unless I went into administration!

Banks and other lenders have and can write off debts without administration or bankruptcy

Archived