onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf on the radio

Mario

Advert

He isn't putting his money in. He's putting his money in as directors loans. With it being a loan he will want it back one day... ...He's unnecessarily putting us into debt to himself.

Unnecessarily? If the money doesn't get put into the club we would probably end up in administration; only surviving then by selling off our best assets and stripping the team down to the bare bones. Given the fickleness of some fans on here, I would suggest that attendances would fall still further, making it even more difficult to survive on gate income! Is that what you're after?? Unnecessary???

As for your ludicrous opening sentence: "He isn't putting money in. He's putting his money in..."

Are loans really classed as a debt, because they may not be called in? - I believe Eddie Davies of Bolton wrote off "loans" of around £170 million? So they do not have to be called in / paid back - it's entirely up to the lender, and, usually, at the time of any future sale of the club; or, presumably, if the club started to make money from attendances / cup run / sale of players - none of which, really, could we begrudge Smurf - the alternative to not taking his money is a path we don't want to take again!

Unnecessarily? If the money doesn't get put into the club we would probably end up in administration; only surviving then by selling off our best assets and stripping the team down to the bare bones. Given the fickleness of some fans on here, I would suggest that attendances would fall still further, making it even more difficult to survive on gate income! Is that what you're after?? Unnecessary???

As for your ludicrous opening sentence: "He isn't putting money in. He's putting his money in..."

Are loans really classed as a debt, because they may not be called in? - I believe Eddie Davies of Bolton wrote off "loans" of around £170 million? So they do not have to be called in / paid back - it's entirely up to the lender, and, usually, at the time of any future sale of the club; or, presumably, if the club started to make money from attendances / cup run / sale of players - none of which, really, could we begrudge Smurf - the alternative to not taking his money is a path we don't want to take again!

It really is quite simple... if there are loans there is debt so the club is not debt free.

If he writes them off at a future date the loans will cease to exist.

So it wasn't just a cheap shot at Smurf, suggesting that, given the choice of only 2 players, he would sign the one that seems least effective?

He has taken a backseat so he wouldnt be signing players, so the choice isnt his and he wouldnt sign either... brown would or the CEO

As for cheap shots... that would be a big turnout

It really is quite simple... if there are loans there is debt so the club is not debt free.

If he writes them off at a future date the loans will cease to exist.

Did he say that there would never be debts whilst he is in charge or that he would leave the club debt free when he moves on? I suspect the latter

You obviously don't understand. At the start of the season, we have a wage budget, the manager will then sign a squad of players based on this budget. Sensibly, the squad will contain around 22 players (2 for each position) plus a few youth team players. We didn't do this, have a look at our squad size (it's 34 players). It's massively overinflated. Norman is having to subsidise those extra players, which is unnecessary as it's pointless having a squad that big and wasting wages on players that won't play (Mbamba, Ferguson, MacIntosch, Lloyd, Johnson, Shalaj etc).

"As for your ludicrous opening sentence: "He isn't putting money in. He's putting his money in..."

It's ludicrous when you delete half of the sentence yes. Putting money in = giving Port Vale money without expecting it back. It is a directors LOAN. I "put money in" to the club every year with season tickets and shirt purchases, I'm not loaning the club money am I?

"Are loans really classed as a debt, because they may not be called in?"

Is this really a serious question?! Go and speak to your local bank and ask them that. Norman has previously said he "has never lost money on a business deal yet and doesn't intend to start now". You must surely see that this means he's expecting to have it returned? I doubt he'll charge any interest on the loan but he'll want it back at some point.

I'm not having a go at Norman but people need to realise the facts and stop saying he's "putting money into the club" because he isn't.

You obviously don't understand. At the start of the season, we have a wage budget, the manager will then sign a squad of players based on this budget. Sensibly, the squad will contain around 22 players (2 for each position) plus a few youth team players. We didn't do this, have a look at our squad size (it's 34 players). It's massively overinflated. Norman is having to subsidise those extra players, which is unnecessary as it's pointless having a squad that big and wasting wages on players that won't play (Mbamba, Ferguson, MacIntosch, Lloyd, Johnson, Shalaj etc).

It's ludicrous when you delete half of the sentence yes. Putting money in = giving Port Vale money without expecting it back. It is a directors LOAN. I "put money in" to the club every year with season tickets and shirt purchases, I'm not loaning the club money am I?

Is this really a serious question?! Go and speak to your local bank and ask them that. Norman has previously said he "has never lost money on a business deal yet and doesn't intend to start now". You must surely see that this means he's expecting to have it returned? I doubt he'll charge any interest on the loan but he'll want it back at some point.

I'm not having a go at Norman but people need to realise the facts and stop saying he's "putting money into the club" because he isn't.

Are you saying the Chairman should do it for free? He puts his money and he will want it back. So what?

He say's that he is putting money into the club or as he states 'writing the cheques at the end of the month'because there is a shortfall now no one knows wether these are 'loans' or he's gifting the club to allow the club to function!

When players come to the club no one has any idea how things will turn out with those players some will be good others will be bad, some will get injured sometimes for long periods ie Andoh, Forester, Innes last season!

I honestly feel Smurf is trying to do the best he can in achieving Championship football, thats his ultimate goal as it is for us supporters he doesn't like to fail in anything he does, he told me that!

He could like a lot of clubs Boards of Directors do and say to the Manager 'sorry pal, you have had your budget for this season you will have to go with what you have' but he hasn't, he's still trying to wheel and deal players out so fresh faces can come in

We can all see that the 'project' didn't work for him out on the pitch, we have been screaming for a couple of decent Strikers for a couple of years now dont you think he knows all this!!

Credit where credits due at least he is trying to put right the massive **** up of the last 4 months

Archived