onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burton (A) match thread - 23rd March

5 minutes ago, 1 said:

If we can get through those 3 away games without major issue - maybe 4 points, I fancy the fight back.

We’ll see, but well done to all involved today. 

Bristol Rovers was a big game last season…. And to be fair the season before that!

We do seem to play Rovers in games that matter. What price another Loft winner?

• Like 2

Advert

Dipepa may have a big role to play next weekend. We need to keep the goal threats going throughout the match using subs whilst being solid at the back. 
Assuming he plays in France on Tuesday would he avoid playing on Friday so as to be raring to go on Monday?

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

That was thoroughly deserved for us, am so pleased we got it done today. Seemed the team played with a bit more aggression and grit. Loft was excellent with his workrate and winning aerial contests. The goal he scored it was well done by him on the build up getting it to Chizzy in the first place and also following up on the rebound. Buy a ticket win the raffle, hopefully this can be something for him to build on.

Thought the away support was brilliant today, backed the team the whole way and when Loft missed in the first half people just backed him more which pleased me. Real genius from the Burton fans behind the goal throwing a flare on the pitch after our goal. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

If anyone wants an omen Lofty in the shooting practise warmup has nailed a couple of beauts. Less said about some of the attempts from the rest the better… god loves a trier though!

Far be it from me to take all the credit for Loftys goal but what do you know 😎

And by the way if come the summertime transfer thread anyone thinks of suggesting Hudlin as an option this summer please everyone just give it short shrift. Looked like the quintessential competition winner when he came on he did.

• Like 1

I got a weird feeling on Thursday night that I should go to this game. It was weird as I hadn’t had an interest since Derby.

30 minutes later and it was announced Flitcroft had gone. I took it as a sign.

Brilliant afternoon. They got into them! Proper scrapping. Horrible game in horrible conditions on a horrible pitch.

Loft outstanding without the goal. They’ll have nightmares about him. He’s absolutely rapid! Moore’s clearly got some confidence into him. Absolute carnage when he slammed home.

I still don’t think we have the quality to win 4-5 more games, but there’s some fight in those dogs!

The fans proper deserved that. Full voice and incredibly positive. 

• Like 7

If you’d have told me in midweek that Flitcroft would be gone, Vale would beat Burton and Loft would score the winner … I’d have said you are very positive and I hope that optimism turns into reality, please leave your contact details so I can comment on the accuracy of your prophecy should it occur.

• Haha 1

If you’d have told me in midweek that Flitcroft would be gone, Vale would beat Burton and Loft would score the winner … I’d have said you are very positive and I hope that optimism turns into reality, please leave your contact details so I can comment on the accuracy of your prophecy should it occur.

Get the F in, that was a massive away win… we’ve still got Cambridge to come as well, that win was a long time coming and massive boost to the teams confidence and no doubt belief that we CAN DO IT!

1 hour ago, Lornelounger said:

Socks and pants will be worn for the rest of the season, obviously, and the same prayers offered. Good lad Ryan. 

Not wanting to judge but I hope those special undergarments have plenty of life left in them. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, manc_vale said:

Not wanting to judge but I hope those special undergarments have plenty of life left in them. 

It's amazing what you can do with a staple gun and some gaffer tape.  Worry not, they will see the season out, I just might end up walking funny for most of the close season.  Mrs. Lornelounger says I walk funny anyway, so I may get away with it.

• Haha 1