onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oxford United

Fosse69

i líke rumours!
Well here we go then.My namesake was telling me whilst I was in the pub that DC had drafted his retained list and one of the players saw it . Coupled with the DC Portsmouth interview rumour, who were interested in him but not prepared to pay off his contract, goes a long way to explaining recent events.

Advert

36 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

IF we don't lose tomorrow we should be safe as I don't see Accrington winning at Sheff Wed.

If you had offered me a point to be safe in league 1 on Easter Monday last year I would have snapped your hand off. !  

If you had said we will be in this position with 6 games to go back in late December I would of thought you’d escaped from an asylum 

14 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:

That's what I would go with but - and please correct me if I'm wrong - but have Wilson and Harrison been on the pitch at the same time since they came back ?
I wonder if there was any truth in the fighting rumour ?
Either way we need our best available 11 to start so they should both be on for me.

I noticed this on Friday when, again, one was subbed off and the other came on again.

They've played together for 10 minutes this calendar year against Burton. Otherwise, Harrison has always been substituted at the same time that Wilson has come on (4 times).

16 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

Stone 

Robinson   Forrester  smith benning 

pett conlon

Wozza  Wilson Poltic 

Harrison 

That wouldn’t be a bad shout, although I still have massive reservations about Robinson defensively, plus he possibly burnt his bridges on Saturday and could be left out for that reason.  Who knows?

Let's try a different system and look to attack. No point having 3 CB's when we've only got 1 decent one.

Stone

Robinson-Smith-Forrester-Benning

Pett-Conlon

Worrall-Butterworth-Politic

Harrison

Get Robinson and Benning bombing forward on the overlap.

Front 4 flooding the box.

Butterworth playing in the hole, with Pett + Conlon sitting in.

Worrall and Politic getting balls into the box. Fullbacks helping to overload the wide areas.

Harrison the focal point.

Scrap the 3-5-2/3-4-3 as it clearly isn't working/has been found out.

Let's try and have a bit of excitement.

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

Let's try a different system and look to attack. No point having 3 CB's when we've only got 1 decent one.

Stone

Pett-Conlon

Harrison

Worrall and Politic getting balls into the box. Fullbacks helping to overload the wide areas.

The main excitement I've had at a home game was finding out my pie was actually hot . 

This is a massive game, win and we should have enough points to stay up, especially with Oxford below us and in a massive slump. Lose and I think we will need another 6 points to stay up which IMO we won’t achieve.

Oxford in a massive slump… let’s look a little closer to home…

If I were an Oxford fan, I’d be saying this is a real winnable game, we’re on just a bad of run as they are (really) we’ve collected 16 point out of a possible 60 (last 20 games) our record is shocking.

As a season ticket holder, I’m not sure I even want to go tomorrow and I know many other season ticket holders saying the same, why should the fans make the effort (like they did in their numbers on Friday) when the players cannot be arsed to make the effort.

The present performances of many the players is damn right disgusting, they don’t deserve to wear the shirt that we’ve all worn (as fans) for decades.

I just hope they all turn up tomorrow and if nothing else, run themselves into the ground, compete for every ball, be aggressive in their play and wear the shirt with pride. Win or lose, you don’t mind if you can see they’ve given it a go (Ipswich, Derby and pompy all at home spring to mind)

UTV - keeping my fingers crossed

IF we don't lose tomorrow we should be safe as I don't see Accrington winning at Sheff Wed.
If you had offered me a point to be safe in league 1 on Easter Monday last year I would have snapped your hand off. !  
I agree...But Wednesday are struggling and Accrington will scrap like alley cats I just hope we have the fight and desire to get out of this mess

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

7 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

I agree...But Wednesday are struggling and Accrington will scrap like alley cats I just hope we have the fight and desire to get out of this mess

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

We can't rely on others we have to do it ourselves. 

Sheff Wed 6 without a win. Includes defeat to FGR and draws with Oxford and Lincoln. 

We've got to look after things our end. There is no guarantee Accrington and Cambridge won't get a result tomorrow. Look home bankers obviously but weird things go on every weekend. 

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Stone

Pett-Conlon

Harrison

I'm with you on the formation but the best player in our squad Is Wilson. Always the man for the big occasion. I would play him as 10 behind Harrison. 

Archived