onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oxford United

Fosse69

Show some spirit Vale, we need points to ease the pressure. Too many 6 pointers have gone the wrong way. Any hopes for Garrity or Cass? Where are the goals coming from? Wilson and Proctor back together? All Accies were Vale errors, can we be so lucky? Can the crowd inspire the players to break the run? We need an epic performance, doesn’t matter who we are playing only a joint effort can do it.

Advert

The whole squad need a rocket up their a**! Otherwise I can see us getting a good hiding, I don't particularly think in previous games it's been other teams have been amazing, we just haven't turned up.

Absolute necessity that we walk away with all 3 points on Monday. Another 3 after that should see us safe, we just need a goal from somewhere.

29 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Stone

Forrester Smith Donnelly

Worrall Pett Conlon Benning

McDermott

Harrison Proctor

McDermott scored two and set up a third yesterday, btw.

That'll be the team I expect but I don't think McDermott will be recalled so possibly one of Wilson/Butterworth/Politic.

Knowing us it'll probably be Massey or Holden (remember him?)

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

We'll probably win this, and a few will go for 'what was all the fuss about? and 'quieter on here this evening!'.

2-1 Vale. Get a load of scrappers on. 

Not sure we have any scrappers in the squad, unfortunately. Seems like most have given up. No-one to bring on to replace them and/or scrap for the club.

We are <ovf censored>, out players arnt even putting any effort in. They don't mark there men on set pieces, they slice every clearance away, they don't put tackles in and when they do they give a penalty away. Easiest win Oxford will ever get all they have to do is basically try and they will win comfortably 2 or 3 nil as we're crap 

2 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

We are <ovf censored>, out players arnt even putting any effort in. They don't mark there men on set pieces, they slice every clearance away, they don't put tackles in and when they do they give a penalty away. Easiest win Oxford will ever get all they have to do is basically try and they will win comfortably 2 or 3 nil as we're crap 

Unfortunately every word you said there is true, I can't see a way out of this unfortunately without some mega changes at the end of the season.

Good luck to the team Monday we certainly need some.  But more than luck we need players to show commitment and heart for a change.  I'm normally upbeat but after the last 2 games can't see any reason to be.  Hoppers your ear drums will be OK as the back is not much better, got to wait until next week to actually see a doctor. 

UTV KTF but it's getting harder too 

On paper probably the easiest of our remaining fixtures, even though no game is easy and we’ve got the ability to be our own worst enemy. I don’t believe we’ve pressed the self destruct button just yet. Wilson is obviously our best player and should start again, with Worrall in the starting line up. At least Worrall can cross and pass the ball to a players feet, unlike those yesterday.

Archived