onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oxford United

Fosse69

4 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Before the Cambridge/Accy games we played 4 or 5 games where we were 9 points above the bottom 4...even though we didn't do much in that period, we managed to get an extra point ahead! And even now I think we're still 7 or 8 points above them - the point is, they're not picking up enough points, either.

And it wouldn't have needed much to vastly improve our results - like a ref giving a goal instead of disallowing it in favour of giving a penalty - one of the worst decisions I've ever seen from a match official!

Having been top 8 - 10 for a good while, I think we've been desperately unlucky to hit such a bleak patch due to different factors and the lack of confidence such runs bring. Should have been comfortably mid-table!  

The factors which have harmed us most post New Year are:

- Not having strikers fit.

- Goalkeeping.

- Left wing back. 

- Central defenders injured, leaving, recruited but inexperienced.

- Vale Park pitch inhibiting our ability to use home advantage by way of high tempo games. 

- The most incompetent referee ever seen at Vale Park. 

- Politic returned but mainly not used.

- Butterworth not being used effectively.

- Mipo on the bench but not played. 

- Inflexible formation and tactics - we've been sussed.

- Ineffective corner and freekick routines. 

- Lack of physical commitment in some recent games.

- Loss of confidence requiring a reset.

So it's a good job it's the end of the season and we can reset but we need a few more points from somewhere.

At Lincoln I think "have it" and push up may be the best tactics in a fairly tight ground. Worst tactics are keeping giving the ball away in our final third and most of all lack of commitment. 

Advert

14 minutes ago, Warren said:

The factors which have harmed us most post New Year are:

- Not having strikers fit.

- Goalkeeping.

- Left wing back. 

- Central defenders injured, leaving, recruited but inexperienced.

- Vale Park pitch inhibiting our ability to use home advantage by way of high tempo games. 

- The most incompetent referee ever seen at Vale Park. 

- Politic returned but mainly not used.

- Butterworth not being used effectively.

- Mipo on the bench but not played. 

- Inflexible formation and tactics - we've been sussed.

- Ineffective corner and freekick routines. 

- Lack of physical commitment in some recent games.

- Loss of confidence requiring a reset.

So it's a good job it's the end of the season and we can reset but we need a few more points from somewhere.

At Lincoln I think "have it" and push up may be the best tactics in a fairly tight ground. Worst tactics are keeping giving the ball away in our final third and most of all lack of commitment. 

So we are cream crackered then. I do agree re most of your statement, but many clubs fans will be saying the same. It is little old Port Vale btw. On my last remark, I am sure there are loads of PV fans out there. I see the Port Vale Ladies team have started to improve in the regional league. I blame all these failures on not having the police Dog Display Team on at half-time. 

So on and off the pitch we need to think hard. But also understand that we are not alone in this.

Without doubt Conner Hall has been a big miss! Probably cost us a few points ! We need his replacement as a priority along with a decent goalie. 
Agreed on those points, we've definitely missed Hall's presence at the back (and DJ) and we are desperate for a commanding goalkeeper..

Archived