onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oxford United

Fosse69

3 hours ago, Warren said:

The spectacular saves by their goalie second half create an illusion we were dominant. But statistically, this was a pretty even game. The difference is their main chances ended with near goal last ditch defensive tackles and clearances so they are less visually memorable. But they were mighty close to scoring. 

well that second half, it was "how the hell did he stop that" a good few times, plus we hit the cross bar, and like i said Stone did'nt have much to do, when he did he was solid...

Advert

28 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Potentially, personally don't think we have had particularly great results away from home since the 2012/13 season, which I believe is where the super vale away chants started?

This season has been a tough league but as it stands only Sheff Weds and Peterborough have done the double over us.Goals scored has been a problem.I think you know why.Our 2 top scorers from last season have hardly played.I consider about a point a game away from home is reasonable.

17 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

Abysmal that .
Need to after training work on if there a forward getting in front of there big defensive marker to head home .
There's absolutely no point in playing Worrall if you do not have a player up front who can get on the end of his 200 crosses a game .
ITs defo something think about next season I'd rather us buy a non league forward who wants get his head on crosses than persevere with what we have at present ,there's not enough movement and these league 1 centre halfs to my annoyance have been too solid and good mainly for our forwards .

What's this new tactic of sending Smith up for long throws from Donnelly one he just jogs up looking totally disinterested and 2 never wins a ball in the opposition penalty area so what the point in sending him up send Forrester instead .
That first half yesterday was 2 teams agreeing on a 0-0 pre match .
Hope thar doesn't go on but a little voice inside my head says it does .

Is that 3rd top scorer this season Nathan Smith?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/port-vale/top-scorers

48 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

Thar tells us all about our attacking prowess .
Deary me been a tough watch this season .
Be glad when over in a nutshell it's been abysmal in the main .
Still very rarely wins the first contact in oppositions penalty all his goals have been second phrase goals how many has he scored 2 Ipswich and Barnsley defeats .
Cannot think of any more .
Well done to him bet that will folk rush out renew there season tickets .

Last night I watched Man City v Bayern Munich. On reflection that was technically the best game of footie I've seen in my life. Absolutely stunning from both teams. 

But most of all, for our defence, it was an absolute master class by Man City in defending to learn from with Bayern posing a real test.  

In addition Guadiola has designed a radical new formation that could transform football if copied. Back 3 that split, the 2 defensive midfield players advanced central defenders but also excellent on the ball. 

Another thing to learn from this is improving players. Ake has been made world class. Stones playing in midfield. Grealish now the man up front etc. 

I know Man City have been practicing this set up for a few weeks. But last night it got the ultimate test against a very strong Bayern side who had more possession first half.

3 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

I’m thinking 4-4-1-1, if we keep Wilson as he can sit behind Harrison. We definitely need a left back though.

I think our current formation will become too much for Worrall as he ages further. It is stunningly demanding to be a wing back. Full back is not quite as hard and could extend his career. 

It's worth doing everything we can to prolong Worrall's career. He has the skill and is very well coached. He has the right routines / approaches for every situation. To me that is the main problem with Robinson - he doesn't yet. 

Archived