onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oxford United

Fosse69

Advert

25 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

With Stone in Goal and Wilson and Harrison up front I actually feel like we have a good chance.

If possible I would also be playing Tommy Mcdermott in midfield

NV, I understand after recent results and what appears to be a lack of effort, from the players. I’m not sure that this run in would be ideal for TM, even though I think the effort would be there, probably still a little lightweight.

5 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

I'll be there I need take all this anger emotion and built up fury what been created by what's happened since Xmas.
Team well who's left .
The defence are shocking slow unreactive and look totally disinterested in playing for Vale so firstly lets try someone elseback there .
Stone
Derek Donnelly Benning
Worrall Politic
Pett Conlon
Holden Wilson
Harrison
You can tell certain players have given up more so than others .
Out goes favourite Smith when the tough gets going he hides its been proven season after season I see it ,others are led a merry dance he has been jogging last 2 games his clearances go straight to opposition and lets face it he is out of his depth .

Forrrester looks and plays like someone in who has come from a academy which is not ready for proper football ,only occassionally does he deliver .
Donnelly looks scared stiff .
Robinson his too lightweight .
Massey I thought was doing OK in his attacking work first half but whatever was said when leaving the field at half time by our angry away support after the break did they try prove the criticisms wrong no they come out and played even worse so tells everything you need know about them .

Jesus

Stone

Worrall Forrester Smith Benning

Pett Conlon   

Wilson                                              Politic

Harrison Proctor

The same thing we've repeated week after week obviously isn't working, so try something different. 

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Fans need to be right behind the players on Monday.

Swindon playoff 2nd leg kind of support.

1 hour ago, Rockape99 said:

Now is the Time for us fans to get right behind the lads for this game , it’s basically s**t or bust . Sod what we think of Massey , Robinson and Stone just get behind them   Be that 12th man 

100% - but players need to be on it too as they were that night and hopefully get an early goal too otherwise atmosphere may turn into the Newport game with groans and moans following wayward passes etc when trying to get back in the game.

44 minutes ago, philmpv said:
51 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:
Jesus

He might still be a little rusty after Friday, but if he was available, I'd play him as well

40 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

I mean I'd play Jesus as well, magic guy who can walk on water? Surely he can navigate the swamp that is vale park as well

If put in goal he’d certainly hang onto crosses better than Stevens.

45 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

Stone

Worrall Forrester Smith Benning

Pett Conlon   

Wilson                                              Politic

Harrison Proctor

The same thing we've repeated week after week obviously isn't working, so try something different. 

Wilson does not look fit, not even 2%

3 hours ago, valeparklife said:

That works for the players as well.  They need to be up for a game and show some spirit and fight win the 2nd balls and not just watch the opposition get the ball.  But can only see the most of the players nicking another games wages from Carol.

3 hours ago, valeparklife said:

1 hour ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

100% - but players need to be on it too as they were that night and hopefully get an early goal too otherwise atmosphere may turn into the Newport game with groans and moans following wayward passes etc when trying to get back in the game.

What I’d give for that same passion from those players that night right now, hall, smith, Gibbo, Harratt, Garrity, Worrall …. Everyone up for it. We’ve really missed some kind of spark and passion this season. We seem flat. Let’s hope we can find something on Monday. 

I  think the calls for McDermott to play are wide of the mark, I don’t think he’s the man to throw into these last few games. He’ll get eaten alive against some of the teams we’ll be playing, too inexperienced and he didn’t exactly set the world alight early season. The only reasons people are asking for him is because we’ve been playing <ovf censored> and he’s been doing something at a lower level. 

We’ll win Monday, I’m dragging the youngest along and we’ve won when she’s gone, even last season. If I’m wrong then she’s forgiven if she never watches that <ovf censored> again. This poor (I use the word poor loosely) form has beaten the enjoyment of a match day out of my eldest, so she’s not going

Head says no, heart says yes about going. So along I shall go and get behind the lads as always.
Be nice to have a proper go and an attack minded formation. It'll be playing with fire setting out defensive at home for this as we all know what will happen, so why bother with it, just basic logic lol
Come on Vale let's do this

Archived