onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oxford United

Fosse69

Just now, MelbourneValiant said:

Newport was officially sold out in the home ends. Embarrasing for small crowd really, and empty stands with the reduced capacity. Even under the fat controller we managed 13k v Wolves. So I dunno what changed to reduce the capacity.

Anyway, today I put my co ck on the block and say 2-1 Vale in a dour game witnessed by 8,452 unfortunate individuals.

Screenshot_20230410-210917.png

Wow a sell out at 9k in a 21,000 seater stadium, Jesus. 

The capacity is reduced because the family stand is condemned and not used, and they aren't allowed to sell tickets to the Bycars end of the Railway, presumably because of Evacuation issues?

The 13k against Wolves under the fat controller was our very first game after promotion and before all of the 'problems' started. I remember I was in Cornwall on holiday and I left at god knows a clock in the morning to get back in time to watch the game.

Your article does say that the last time Vale sold out was against Stoke in 1990. The attendance that game was 22,000!

Advert

6 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

season ticket holders will not be going the last 3 games and may never go again thanks to what the fans have been put through .

That's a bit dramatic, we've played a few bad games and lost to a couple of bad teams, Vale have hardly been dragging their fans through a war zone, it's only a game after all!

1 minute ago, Vale 1971 said:

I want see Vale beating teams they have no right beat .

So far this season you have seen Vale beat Derby away, and Plymouth away, how many teams with no right to beat are you expecting us to beat each season?

2 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

I want blood on them shirts .

Can't say I cheer on bloodshed myself

3 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

You must be a newbie by any chance do you get behind them or do you just cheer if we score .

Baffling logic here, I've got a season ticket and go home and away, and spend hundreds of pounds in the club shop each season, does that tick enough boxes for you?

5 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

Thats half the problem when I go games I'm.giving it my all goooarrrnnning every minute if we on the attack,yet see a lot of folk at games who never make a sound no encouragement no nothing at all.
My question to them is how do you expect to lift a better performance out of the side if your sitting there all quiet .

The crap atmosphere at Vale park is, in my opinion, due to how spread out everyone is, plus you can't expect people to encourage when there is nothing to encourage, but then Vale park has always had a shocking atmosphere

On 08/04/2023 at 15:01, philmpv said:
On 08/04/2023 at 14:54, NorthwoodValiant said:
Jesus

He might still be a little rusty after Friday, but if he was available, I'd play him as well

Nailed on starter…. 🤔

Stone

Worrall-Forrester-Smith-Donnelly-Benning

Pett-Butterworth-Conlon

Wilson-Harrison

33 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

That's a bit dramatic, we've played a few bad games and lost to a couple of bad teams, Vale have hardly been dragging their fans through a war zone, it's only a game after all!

We’ve been dire at home all season. Not a few bad games 

20 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

So far this season you have seen Vale beat Derby away, and Plymouth away, how many teams with no right to beat are you expecting us to beat each season?

Can't say I cheer on bloodshed myself

Baffling logic here, I've got a season ticket and go home and away, and spend hundreds of pounds in the club shop each season, does that tick enough boxes for you?

The crap atmosphere at Vale park is, in my opinion, due to how spread out everyone is, plus you can't expect people to encourage when there is nothing to encourage, but then Vale park has always had a shocking atmosphere

Just on your last point, for me we have a terrible home crowd when comparing to games away from home. It’s often silent or has a really odd atmosphere, it will be like that today. Unless we play brilliant we’re generally pretty rubbish atmosphere wise at home. Where as away it’s the complete opposite. This season though, at home we haven’t had anything to cheer about at all. 

30 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Just been watching Ref Watch on Sky. They showed the penalty which got Oxford a point on Saturday and all agreed it wasn’t a pen. Hope we get a bit of luck like that this afternoon. 

We’d miss it in our current form

11 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Just on your last point, for me we have a terrible home crowd when comparing to games away from home. It’s often silent or has a really odd atmosphere, it will be like that today. Unless we play brilliant we’re generally pretty rubbish atmosphere wise at home. Where as away it’s the complete opposite. This season though, at home we haven’t had anything to cheer about at all. 

Agreed, I think every game this season I've heard the 'football in a library' song from away fans.

It is sad how we have such good atmosphere away but at home it's terrible

Archived