onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Walka003

17 minutes ago, Emile said:

Stone signed an extension start of the season right?

Hope that we keep;

Garrity

Jones

Pett

Robinson

Smith

Wilson

Woz

And sign up Taylor and Butterworth on perm deals

So to leave from the players out of contract;

Proctor, Benning plus the rest of the loans - Politic, Mipo, Stevens, Donnelly. 

If there is a way to let Massey and Holden leave that would also free up some space for additions.

I’d keep Proctor over Butterworth assuming both are fit.

Advert

I’d keep Proctor over Butterworth assuming both are fit.
Very different points in their careers. I think Butters is an important link up player between the forwards and the midfield.
I'd rather we signed another striker to replace Proctor and have a choice of Taylor, Harrison, Wilson and one other next season.

11 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Fair enough, pretty accurate then, although I still think Conlan if he can get his form back can add a lot to the team.

You can hide being so one -footed in L2 but not L1. Steve Fox was unplayable in Div 4 but Div 3 he was too predictable as he too was one-footed. 

I think stone will want to leave next season. There's literally no point being a no2 at his age. I can see him dropping back to a lower league 2 team with the promise of no1 shirt or competing for it.
I get that but he's got plenty of time ahead of him, he's local and would need to drop at least a level to play regular games. I get all players want to play but if I'm him I'd think twice before moving on.

FFS! We win one game against a very poor side and now we want to keep everybody
What happens if you get rid of everyone and the recruitment team bring in 9 Liam McCarrons and 2 ojos. Sometimes it's better the devil you know.

A 14 man squad leaves you plenty of room to improve

I don't think we can afford(in the squad sense) to keep Wilson and Proctor.  We've seen what having no fit forwards can do to this team the last month or 2 and between them they barely manage 45 games.  I like Proctor but I think Wilson would edge that battle on ability/skill and the fact he's a local lad if it came to it?  That said if Wilson barely manages any games between now and the end of the season who knows?

22 hours ago, philpvfc said:

I can’t see him accepting a pay as you play deal, someone else will take a gamble on him. He may accept something like a 1k a week deal, 3k a week if he plays and a handsome goal/assist bonus.

I guess Procters contract is coming to an end and if so maybe we can offer a contract as above allowing us to replace one of our sick note strikers with a decent more readily available striker.

Pay as you play deal? I doubt Wilson needs to do that. Plenty of bigger clubs with bigger squads who could have him as a luxury player for even 15 games or season. Even Theo Robinson found better than 1k per week. 

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

What happens if you get rid of everyone and the recruitment team bring in 9 Liam McCarrons and 2 ojos. Sometimes it's better the devil you know.

A 14 man squad leaves you plenty of room to improve

A good point.

The declining consistency of recruitment makes me lean towards a lower turnover of players this summer.

Archived