onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Walka003

19 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

I feel a bit for Proctor. We rushed him back from an injury against Sutton last season as we had nothing up front without him. He picked up an injury because he wasn't ready. We then played him when he wasn't ready towards the end of last season as we needed him and he was unable to play in the PO final. We then played him again when he wasn't quite ready at the start of this season. The majority of his injuries for us have been as a result of us bringing him back too soon and not monitoring his minutes. We have nurtured most of the rest of the squad back from injuries but not Proctor, other than his initial injury we as a club are more the cause than his body. Maybe he is willing to put himself in that situation more than others in the squad.

I think we had a handful of players in that boat. Important to how we played who were in the team as soon as they got back to fitness. Maybe sometimes to the players detriment too. 

Advert

18 hours ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Creative Midfielder for me, who can fit in well with Ojo and Garrity doing the donkey work

Problem is if DC’s style of play allows us to play that way with creative players in the middle. How many opposition teams have we come in across in league one with players like that in midfield? 

Interesting turn of phrase from DC in his press conference when he was asked about Benning and Robinson. Maybe I'm reading to much into it but felt like he was saying Benning's times up at the club and Robinsons got 14 games to show us that he can keep up at this level.

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

Interesting turn of phrase from DC in his press conference when he was asked about Benning and Robinson. Maybe I'm reading to much into it but felt like he was saying Benning's times up at the club and Robinsons got 14 games to show us that he can keep up at this level.

They’ll both be gone IMO at the end of the season. 

22 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
24 minutes ago, PV1973 said:
They’ll both be gone IMO at the end of the season. 

I think Robinson is still worth a punt. Young enough to get better and when he's on it he's unplayable going forward.

I just don’t think he’s done enough and shown enough so far. Yes in flashes he’s shown some bits. But is that enough? Football is ruthless isn’t it, can we afford to keep playing him when he’s awful for more games than he’s good? Im not convinced by him as a defender yet either. 

I just don’t think he’s done enough and shown enough so far. Yes in flashes he’s shown some bits. But is that enough? Football is ruthless isn’t it, can we afford to keep playing him when he’s awful for more games than he’s good? Im not convinced by him as a defender yet either. 
Another year with a 6 month loan somewhere in the National League or league 2 (assuming we don't go down) was what I had in mind.

I’ve heard from two different sources (one was someone claiming to be a family friend so could be true) in the last 10 days, that Willo has already decided to leave the club in the summer irrespective if we offer him a contract or not.   If true, on one hand I’ll be disappointed because we rarely get to see someone of his talents playing for our club  (in recent times at least) and I’ve always looked forward to seeing him play just on the off chance of seeing a sublime bit of skill.  However, on the other hand the anticipation of seeing something you only expect to see from players higher up the footballing pyramid has to be tempered by his limited appearances/availability this season and whether or not that is expected to be a feature of his career moving forward if he stayed with us. 

I’ve heard from two different sources (one was someone claiming to be a family friend so could be true) in the last 10 days, that Willo has already decided to leave the club in the summer irrespective if we offer him a contract or not.   If true, on one hand I’ll be disappointed because we rarely get to see someone of his talents playing for our club  (in recent times at least) and I’ve always looked forward to seeing him play just on the off chance of seeing a sublime bit of skill.  However, on the other hand the anticipation of seeing something you only expect to see from players higher up the footballing pyramid has to be tempered by his limited appearances/availability this season and whether or not that is expected to be a feature of his career moving forward if he stayed with us. 
Would agree, it's a tough call either way on willo. Interesting that he's chosen to leave if true as everything you hear from the club is that he's the happiest he's ever been playing for us.

10 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
1 hour ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Would agree, it's a tough call either way on willo. Interesting that he's chosen to leave if true as everything you hear from the club is that he's the happiest he's ever been playing for us.

Flickers did say contract talks have been ongoing with some players since November so could be he has had the offer and its not what he was hoping for I guess.

1 hour ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

If we’re busy cutting money all over the club in all sorts of roles then I can see a higher paid player like Willo (that’s my assumption that he’s a high earner) will either be gone or offered very reduced terms (as @Walka003 suggested).

6 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

If we’re busy cutting money all over the club in all sorts of roles then I can see a higher paid player like Willo (that’s my assumption that he’s a high earner) will either be gone or offered very reduced terms (as @Walka003 suggested).

We cant afford from a football side to be competitive and reduce the budget further or it would be a relegation battle. (If we survive this season of course!)

Keep:

Smith

Forrester

Jones

Ojo

Pett

Massey (NOT AS A STRIKER!!!)

Worrall

Garrity

Harrison

Really not bothered about the rest. None of the loanees this season have been anything other than inconsistent and average if we're honest and I wouldn't be looking to retain any of of them, perhaps with the exception of Taylor.

2 hours ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

I heard the same about Wilson a few weeks ago (whenever Shrewsbury game was) but didn’t say out on here, from a very trusted source who used to work at vale for a number of years until recently. They heard he has a deal elsewhere already sorted. For me not a loss, fantastic player but just Dosent play enough to make it worth it. 

Archived