onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Walka003

Its not scientific, but I always think that if you bring around 6 in and 3 make it, you have done well and refreshed the team/squad. We don't need massive overhauls IMO and should be focusing on gradual progression each window. Solve the goalkeeper, left back  and (fit) striker issues in the close season, keep the majority (if they want to stay of course)  and reassess in January IMO.

Advert

I would be amazed if we took proctor on again. Nothing against the lad but we can't afford to carry him in our squad, people are ifing and arghing about Willo due to his injury record but Proctor is on another level.
Did he not have a hip operation that has taken half the season to recover from? Now has 2 months to show what he can do.

Did he not have a hip operation that has taken half the season to recover from? Now has 2 months to show what he can do.
Yes, he's certainly "playing for a deal" right now. Only issue for him is, in my mind, when everyone's fit Wilson Taylor and Harrison get a start ahead of him.

1 hour ago, Row L said:

Its not scientific, but I always think that if you bring around 6 in and 3 make it, you have done well and refreshed the team/squad. We don't need massive overhauls IMO and should be focusing on gradual progression each window. Solve the goalkeeper, left back  and (fit) striker issues in the close season, keep the majority (if they want to stay of course)  and reassess in January IMO.

Midfield definitely needs new faces .

2 hours ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

I don't think we can afford(in the squad sense) to keep Wilson and Proctor.  We've seen what having no fit forwards can do to this team the last month or 2 and between them they barely manage 45 games.  I like Proctor but I think Wilson would edge that battle on ability/skill and the fact he's a local lad if it came to it?  That said if Wilson barely manages any games between now and the end of the season who knows?

Both guys do more in their handful of games than the standard of most of our strikers except Pope have managed across a decade. 

17 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Both guys do more in their handful of games than the standard of most of our strikers except Pope have managed across a decade. 

That maybe so but there are only so many injury prone players you can get away with and only so long it can go on before it comes back to bite the team. I'd keep them both on ability alone but if we can get as good a player for at least one of them who can manage 30+ games a season it's a no brainer. Sadly there can't be any sentiment in football 

I feel a bit for Proctor. We rushed him back from an injury against Sutton last season as we had nothing up front without him. He picked up an injury because he wasn't ready. We then played him when he wasn't ready towards the end of last season as we needed him and he was unable to play in the PO final. We then played him again when he wasn't quite ready at the start of this season. The majority of his injuries for us have been as a result of us bringing him back too soon and not monitoring his minutes. We have nurtured most of the rest of the squad back from injuries but not Proctor, other than his initial injury we as a club are more the cause than his body. Maybe he is willing to put himself in that situation more than others in the squad.

I think one new face would be enough - but it should be a box to box, 90 mins every week guy.
We'll definitely need more than one. We've got no depth there now Charlsey and Walker are gone and Conlon can't cut it. Can't rely on garrity Pett and Ojo to carry the can for a full season.

53 minutes ago, Emile said:
2 hours ago, darren1810 said:
Midfield definitely needs new faces .

I think one new face would be enough - but it should be a box to box, 90 mins every week guy.

Need a Conlon upgrade and a Pett upgrade. I agree to consistency but we need change or we'll stagnate.

Archived