onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Morecambe

Fosse69

Advert

Still don't understand the problems with the Bycars again today, 25 minutes to get in, eventually got in 2 minutes before kick-off.  When I got to the turnstyle, there was 4 in operation so why the delay.  There were so many who missed the first 15 minutes.   We take 2700 ato Derby and from what I remember there were not loads more turnstyles in operation, though might be wrong.  I thought the game was very poor but a win is a win and the pitch is just awful to play on, Man City and Liverpool would struggle to play well out there.

Hard fought 3 points against an extremely physical team. Superb strike from Massey who I thought played really well today.

Major concern over the pitch. Looked absolutely awful even though football had not been played on it for weeks. 

10 minutes ago, JRC said:

If someone had offered us 3 points off the playoffs on Boxing Day we would have snapped their hand off in May.

Footballs about opinions , if you heard RS before the game you would have thought that lot down the road were nailed on for promotion, yet their supporters on P&G were slating them.

I thought it was a hard fought niggly game. a game we would have lost a few seasons back, and I agree if I was offered our current position at the start of the season I would have jumped at it.

42 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Morecambe are a limited side but very well organised and a 1-0 win is the result we needed to get. I was impressed with their guy Weir in the first half, a very good player. Scrappy yes, but we didn’t look like losing as we looked like the team with the better quality and ability to stretch Morecambe, where I felt it was Morecambe who were doing the scrapping, not us. 

Weir, just 20 years old, is on loan from Brighton and has already scored 5 goals for them from midfield. Thought Mayor also looked good but the rest were dross with some cynical fouling thrown in. On that performance, they are headed for League 2 where I think they'll continue to struggle, possibly even going into administration. Just a few years ago, this was us. So, especially  at Christmas time, thanks to our beloved owners I'm really happy and grateful to be a Vale fan.

Puts today's performance and result into perspective.

53 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:
1 hour ago, WV said:
Man of the match. Certainly didn’t stand out as a bad performance. Nothing like Harrison, he has the touch of a plumber. 

Thought Garrity was motm today.

Smith for me, yet again. Helped to prevent them having a shot on target. Smith is playing Championship level for most of this season, head and shoulders our best player this season, IMO.

I cannot understand the ticketing at the ground. I get we are on a restricted capacity, I get that some season ticket holders won’t have made it today (especially as there are lots of junior tickets) but how can 2 areas of the ground, with a combined capacity of what 9,000 less 25% be sold out and the remaining stand holding be what 4,000 less 25%, be two thirds full plus 337 away fans and the people in hospitality and the crowd come in at 7,867???

Also, when I entered the Bycars at 2.15 people were already queueing as one turnstile (of the four normal open) was shut. So consequently large swathes of people were still coming in at 3.25. Then we find out that the catering was a little short. I am one of C&K’s biggest supporters and what they have done for the club is incredible but, on days likes this to match day experience is not great for the casual supporter I’m afraid.

That game was exactly what the ale & vale podcast said it would be… tough, gritty and not as easy as people thought it would be.

They also said that fans would need to understand that and realise it would be a war of attrition. Most did I think. 

They started wasting time after 15 mins and I’m sure did the same at 1-0 down as Adams did as expected and tried to shut it down in the hope of snatching a late goal.

Good result. 

3 points off the playoffs.

KTF

UTV

1 hour ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I cannot understand the ticketing at the ground. I get we are on a restricted capacity, I get that some season ticket holders won’t have made it today (especially as there are lots of junior tickets) but how can 2 areas of the ground, with a combined capacity of what 9,000 less 25% be sold out and the remaining stand holding be what 4,000 less 25%, be two thirds full plus 337 away fans and the people in hospitality and the crowd come in at 7,867???

Also, when I entered the Bycars at 2.15 people were already queueing as one turnstile (of the four normal open) was shut. So consequently large swathes of people were still coming in at 3.25. Then we find out that the catering was a little short. I am one of C&K’s biggest supporters and what they have done for the club is incredible but, on days likes this to match day experience is not great for the casual supporter I’m afraid.

Must be tax reasons no way was there only 7800 in the ground today C&K are talking the club up and right fully so and then knocking a 1000 off the actual attendance 

Must be tax reasons no way was there only 7800 in the ground today C&K are talking the club up and right fully so and then knocking a 1000 off the actual attendance 
Do you really think that Carol would defraud anybody, let alone HMRC (which is a criminal offence), and for the sake of a few quid at that?

Archived