onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Morecambe

Fosse69

Advert

Managed to gain some sort of control second half . Ugly physical game and I'm glad Morecambe lost .They will not stay up and have no chance of doing so if their gameplay/plan is to suppress and 'bully'.It was a league two performance from them and we had no choice really but to drop to that level . Especially the first half .
Don't worry tho Morecambe,you will soon be in league 2,where from the looks of it,you well and truly belong .
A hard fought 3 points ,well done lads .
UTV

Sent from my SM-G950F using onevalefan mobile app

Terrible performance .
10 pounds paid watch that apart from goal not much fine play get you purring if anything Morecambe played the better of the 2 .
A easily forgettable watch .
We have no thrust only Connor Hall showed intent .
Conlon I could do what he did in second half caught wrong side of his man 3 times but luckily they kept shooting wide .
Hall man of the match joined in played the game how I like it played .
Bored silly watching it .
What was the objective to win ugly
Well that was met only positive for me was Masseys goal .
We never made there goalie work .
Dreadful stuff .
UTV

Take the 3 points but that was poor. Thought we invited them on second half and they missed a fair few. Hall was good when he came and on and I think Pett strengthened us. Holden and Cass were miles off it today. Take the 3 but I think we were lucky there maybe resting players for Sheffield 

Thought there was more than 7.8k there. 

That game couldn’t have gotten any stinkier if all 8,000+ (sorry 7,500 - yeah right!) Vale fans had eaten a plate full of sprouts the previous day. Of course a very welcome 3 points but a very nothing performance. We had no pattern of play at all today so resorted to aimless long balls and some of the decision making left an awful to be desired. In (part) mitigation the pitch looked like an absolute glue pot that isn’t fit for growing potatoes on, let alone playing L1 football. At least the pressure is off for Thursday, and let’s hope that playing against a better team, big arena with a big crowd brings the players out of themselves a la Derby. 

3 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Terrible performance .
10 pounds paid watch that apart from goal not much fine play get you purring if anything Morecambe played the better of the 2 .
A easily forgettable watch .
We have no thrust only Connor Hall showed intent .
Conlon I could do what he did in second half caught wrong side of his man 3 times but luckily they kept shooting wide .
Hall man of the match joined in played the game how I like it played .
Bored silly watching it .
What was the objective to win ugly
Well that was met only positive for me was Masseys goal .
We never made there goalie work .
Dreadful stuff .
UTV

Agree totally it was painful to watch tonight’s highlights will be a 1 minute  when they hit the post and we went straight up the other end and scored that was it but at least we got the 3 points 

They were terrible but brought us down to their level and they could have easily have got a point. Holden just isn't up to it and we need to part ways asap. Cass has also been a big dissapointment since he returned it has to be said. Very much a dodgy performance which isn't a surprise really what with so many changes once again.

14 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

Managed to gain some sort of control second half . Ugly physical game and I'm glad Morecambe lost .They will not stay up and have no chance of doing so if their gameplay/plan is to suppress and 'bully'.It was a league two performance from them and we had no choice really but to drop to that level . Especially the first half .
Don't worry tho Morecambe,you will soon be in league 2,where from the looks of it,you well and truly belong .
A hard fought 3 points ,well done lads .
UTV

I suspect they will go down but they look well organised.  They only lose games by the odd goal for the most part. There big problem is too many draws. Peterborough in 8th have only lost one less than Morecombe. For the past 2 seasons Stockton has made the difference for them if they could keep a game tight. This season he hasn't,  for whatever reason. Last season the header just before our goal would have crept in off the post. If they can find a way for the remainder of the season to turn some of the draws into wins they may get themselves out of trouble. Big call for them is to either play Stockton or sell him. 

Adams's teams are not a thing of beauty but you have to admire how he gets teams on a very low budget to be competitive and stop teams playing. He may be the antithesis of good football but he knows how to nullify teams.

I suspect they will go down but they look well organised.  They only lose games by the odd goal for the most part. There big problem is too many draws. Peterborough in 8th have only lost one less than Morecombe. For the past 2 seasons Stockton has made the difference for them if they could keep a game tight. This season he hasn't,  for whatever reason. Last season the header just before our goal would have crept in off the post. If they can find a way for the remainder of the season to turn some of the draws into wins they may get themselves out of trouble. Big call for them is to either play Stockton or sell him. 
Adams's teams are not a thing of beauty but you have to admire how he gets teams on a very low budget to be competitive and stop teams playing. He may be the antithesis of good football but he knows how to nullify teams.
Nice one .Good assessment and kudos for seeing the game for what it was today rather than the Vale were awful etc etc

Tale of two halves though even the second was nothing to write home about with some awful, turgid performances. Pett and Hall changed the balance of play in the second half when we managed to exercise at least a bit of control in midfield and launch some decent attacking play down the left. Those two, together with Butterworth and Wilson, have to play on Thursday if we're to stand any chance against the likes of Mighten and Bannan. Morecambe could easily have taken a point in what was a cynical performance, aided and abetted by some dubious officiating, but credit to Vale for grinding out a result.

So we can now move on to Thursday for what will hopefully be another DC masterclass against a side who will be thinking it's a nailed on three points. 

Come on Vale, great travelling support, so let's have a result to match. 

Got to give Darrell some credit today. His substitutions were bang on. We were just beginning to lose the midfield battle and bringing Pett on was absolutely the right call. Improved things straight away. Connor Hall was also superb after he came on and while I'm not his biggest fan, Mipo was a really useful outlet when they were chasing the game.

Archived