onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Morecambe

Fosse69

Right then Vale shake off a lacklustre performance and the Xmas pudding against the Shrimpers nestling in the 24th spot. With just 2 league wins, FGR away and Barnsley at home, we will now doubt expect a win, but football does not always work like that. However, I will be expecting DC to make his demands known and produce 3 points for a confidence boost ready for the Hillsborough trip, with plenty of Xmas jollity for us all.

Advert

Won't be there so lad using me season ticket .
My team not that it matters as it will not be DCs team .
Stevens
Cass Jones Hall
Worrall Massey
Pett Garrity
Butterworth Politic
Wilson
Something like that .
We should have the ball well run at them from everywhere and keep the ball on the floor
One paced Smith Conlon and Benning be replaced .
Harrison to be used when Wilson tires .
Play football little give and goes Politic and Butterworth are players who can carry the ball into zones dangerous ones at that so do so .
Bring Holden on at some point also seems a clever player who offers something
UTV

Stevens

Forrester.           Smith.            Jones

Wozza.               Garrity.           Conlon/Ojo        Benning

Holden

Harrison.        Wilson

My very serious team

Stevens

Forrester.          Smith.          Jones

Pett.          Conlon.

Garrity.          Butterworth.

Worrall.          Wilson.          Benning.

Playing in the very famous and very formidable (in the early 20th Century) WM Formation

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/wm-formation-football-tactics-explained-tuchel-guardiola-chapman/#:~:text=What is the W-M formation,2-2-3 shape.

I honestly think its time to give Rory another chance in a league game, he has looked pretty good to me in his recent Papa Johns performances and I think he deserves a chance to show what he can do. At least from the bench anyway - could be like a new signing if he is now fully fit and we can get him match sharp.

1 hour ago, 1 said:

Same team as Plymouth as that’s the last time we looked decent.

I agree. While Harrison is a great player, I feel we suffer a bit like when we used to shoehorn Pope in his later years. Our game changes to just hit and hope to Harrison and feed off the scraps, rather than the high press, in their faces game that had suited us so well in the few weeks before.

24 minutes ago, sheffield61 said:

As low as 11/20 to win this one & whilst no guarantees, three points are surely within our grasp here.....

Its a bit of an oddity Morecambe, they've lost 10 (only 2 more than us) which is the same amount of defeats as Peterborough. They draw an awful lot of games, not sure if that suggests they set up for a point mostly or not but despite 2 wins and being bottom they are generally tight games.

In a game where the emphasis should be very much on attack and having to get through a probable massed defence shouldn't Sammy Robinson be brought back in(unless I've missed something and he's out injured). I think it was the Charlton match where he was terrific. His first touch, burst of pace and dribbling was light yesrs ahead of anyone else on the pitch. He really stood out for me. I did notice he was caught out of position a few times which shows his lack of experience but against Morecambe at home I think he'd be a weapon playing as right wing back behind Dave Worrall who could play as an orthodox right winger. After all Wozza is the best crosser of the ball at the club. Feed him on that right wing and let him do his stuff. Get Robinson in from the start!

It's essential to start fast against Morecambe (something we're struggling with this season). No time wasting from minute one, we don't need to kill the tempo against these lot. Get an early goal and that'll be enough for the win. We can't be allowed to get dragged into a fight in the second half.

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

We have had some utterly dreadful games against Morecambe with the Smurfwaite era ones with Kevin Ellison especially depressing.

They won’t roll over and I hope for a nice 2-3 nil win, but they are a tough team to beat and a draw wouldn’t be a surprise. 

They seem like a bit of a bogie team to me. Saying that the Morecambe away win in our Pope promotion season was a moment of glory which I missed. I also missed the 7-2 win, but did attend our shocking 0-4 defeat 6 months later! Also saw Danny Glover miss a peno in the JPT at Christie Park. Ah, the days when 1,622 would turn up on a Tuesday night in Morecambe for a Football League Trophy 2nd round match... 

Archived