onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Fleetwood Town

Fosse69

1 hour ago, vale victory said:

Sorry if I’ve missed it but any news on why Pett was missing today ????

Can only assume his back operation in the summer ? Was also surprised at no Massey as well. 

Think of the players missing and the result is better by the minute. 

Advert

I just want to give a shout out to a player I haven't seen mentioned a lot after the game but as well as those who have been mentioned I think Wozza was superb and back to his best,i have said it in the past that League One will suit some of our players and i think he will be one.

Also Cass,I was watching him and Worrall link up and I honestly dont think we will miss Gibbo as much as some seem to think.

Now add a couple of decent strikers and i think we will do well this season

Onwards and Upwards

That looked a very steady performance for a first game of the season in a higher league.
Controlled the game, giving very little away.
Given that we are so light up top, that's very creditable.
Proctor was excellent, but we can't rely on him to be playing 90 minutes.

12 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I just want to give a shout out to a player I haven't seen mentioned a lot after the game but as well as those who have been mentioned I think Wozza was superb and back to his best,i have said it in the past that League One will suit some of our players and i think he will be one.

Also Cass,I was watching him and Worrall link up and I honestly dont think we will miss Gibbo as much as some seem to think.

Now add a couple of decent strikers and i think we will do well this season

Onwards and Upwards

Seemed to me he had a bit more zip on his crosses compared to a spell last season where we was just floating them in or switching to his left foot. Very encouraging from him.

Only thing was hoping to see yesterday was a glimpse of Thierry Small but looking back I think the game situation didn’t quite allow for it.

Can’t ask for a better start in a new league. It took us our usual 20 mins or so to settle (hope we can address that) but once we got back into it there was only going to be one winner. Cass and Worrall were excellent, but I’m still not convinced about Benning on the other side, but fair play he was steady enough.  We need bodies up front as proctor isn’t going to be able to play week in week out to that level because of his niggles. But I’m sure we have that in hand. Ojo is a gem. 

Echoing everything said about the work that’s gone on behind the scenes, slowly and surely the ground is in better shape than it’s ever been. Looking forward to when bigger away followings come to raise the atmosphere too. 

9 hours ago, 1 said:

One thing is clear to me. The amount of <ovf censored> Benning, Garrity and Charsley have had thrown at them for not being up to it, needing to be moved on and create space for better players, good for L2 but trash for L1 etc ... they obviously don’t read what’s said about them, or don’t care because they just get better and better and continue to defy the critics. That’s the mentality we hold out for in the transfer market, and if we’d got players of their ability without their mental strength instead of them, we’d have come undone last season and be a weak team now. I’m seeing what the DC and the team have been saying now, and I’m recognising why it’s a non-negotiable component of every player we bring in, not to be ignored if they are talented. And by the way, I’ve bashed those players too, and I was wrong and will probably continue to be proven wrong.

Absolutely agree about Benning, Garrity and Charsley.

Garrity deservedly picked up multiple player of the season awards. And the arrival of Charsley and Benning as regular first teamers transformed the side and gave us the urgency to have that great late run and eventual promotion.

Apart from maybe Wilson there's no automatic place waiting for anyone. Which is great.

I would just like to say a massive thank you to all concerned at the Club. Me and the wife decided to upgrade our season tickets to the Bayley Hospitality Suite as we are both seniors now and the comfort of watching Vale's obvious rise up the Leagues was too good an opportunity to miss. The staff, atmosphere, facilities etc were fantastic. The view of the whole pitch from high up is hard to beat. A great seasons start. Cheers Vale you have 2 extremely happy supporters for life( I was already one anyway!).

I think it will be interesting to see where / how Forrester fits into this 11. He’s signed to play and by DC’s comments he clearly rates him
I wouldn't be surprised if he replaced Hall in January. Would be amazed if there weren't suitors for him from either high L1 or Championship. That said, he is 29 so maybe not. Suppose we'll see

Very interesting to see the impact Nash has had on Stone. I think DC said in his Spain interview that Carlo was a "modern goalkeeper coach", which showed with the amount of times Stone raced out of his box to deal with danger by heading it out for throws or clearing it up the pitch.

Up the sweeper keeper!

22 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Very interesting to see the impact Nash has had on Stone. I think DC said in his Spain interview that Carlo was a "modern goalkeeper coach", which showed with the amount of times Stone raced out of his box to deal with danger by heading it out for throws or clearing it up the pitch.

Up the sweeper keeper!

Good point mate, I was watching him from in the bycars and at times I thought we had lucas back, he was playing that far up the pitch. I love see keepers playing like this (until they get lobbed from 50 yards of course)😝

27 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Up the sweeper keeper!

Love this, we just have to be mindful of when he makes a mistake playing like this not to criticise - because he inevitably will. Not because I don’t rate Stone, because because even Neuer made mistakes playing that kind of game. It comes with the territory. But if executed perfectly will help us far more than it hinders.

I was a bit upset with the size of the crowd in the bycars - I didn't spend 315 quid just to find people suddenly sitting all around me, and to top it off, they started singing - WTF!!!. Hoppers likes his personal space and peace n quiet, so hopefully they all bugger off soon - sort it out Auntie Carol 😉 

Archived