onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Fleetwood Town

Fosse69

6 minutes ago, philmpv said:
8 minutes ago, Super Sagi Burton said:
Has anything been said about Massey yet which explains why he wasn’t in the match day squad? Hoping it’s just down to lack of match fitness because he went without a preseason. Fingers crossed he’ll be included next weekend in some way, shape or form - be nice to have an extra option for the forward line before we either sign another striker or wilo returns. UTV! 

I'm pretty certain that if it was just match fitness that was an issue he'd have been on the bench. Looks like an injury to me

I thought the same. Must have been maintaining his fitness on some level after getting released at the end of last season, because he would have been expecting someone to snap him up. Even if DC only thought he had 10/15 mins in his tank you’d have expected him to name him on the bench given the striker situation 

Advert

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. Over 8 thou there. Fantastic backing for the Shanahan project. 

Many around me had Worrall for MOTM but glad to see a few on here had Hall same as me. Glad to confirm my ageing eyes have still got it! 😅.To be fair there were many decent appearances and Charsley gave a decent workmanlike performance. Thought it was a decent marker against a side that have been in that division since we were last in it and bar the early moments they barely had a sniff apart from when Worral diverted one out for a corner.

Haven't read much about Smudger's booking, from the Railway stand it looked as if their player ran into him so just wondering what the opinion was of those watching in Lorne Street.

Just looking at the attendances this morning 31,000+ at Derby and 26,000+ at Ipswich and Sheff W. This division is going to be awesome. Thank God we're in it.

Game on. Well done lads.

2 hours ago, philmpv said:

Can somebody check on TreacleValiant please. He completely disappeared after 30 mins of the game yesterday emoji16.png

Perhaps he's with Joe B,Ben and Carl off the radio,discussing what to moan about.

I know that the time wasting tactics employed by Charsley and Wozza is what teams have done to us in the past. That's what will help us gain points by seeing the game out

5 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Perhaps he's with Joe B,Ben and Carl off the radio,discussing what to moan about.

I know that the time wasting tactics employed by Charsley and Wozza is what teams have done to us in the past. That's what will help us gain points by seeing the game out

Not forgetting Debra……….

I missed most of P&G last night. What did Carl have to say?

4 hours ago, 1 said:

I take it Cassy wasn’t injured? Was that tactical?

lets also hope Massey, Pett, Walker, Hussey are getting match fitness into them on Tuesday ready to available for Exeter.

From Lorne Street he looked run ragged. I thought it was a good decision reflecting nothing bad about his game. They were obviously going to overload attack and we needed a fresh defender of similar ability.

4 hours ago, Rudgiesflatcap said:

With the 5 subs rule change I think we’ll see a lot of fit players subbed. 
Makes sense to keep as many of them fit and fresh for the next game. 
Gone are the days where it’s viewed as a poor performance / injury to be subbed. 

Just like Eddie Jones says, they don’t have subs they have starters & finishers. 

TBH Phil I didn't listen to it.

I'm sure Carl would have said that we wouldn't finish above Sutton....

I've given up on it. Too little time given to Vale,too much given to the Mighty Potters.

I follow our reports on Twitter and YouTube now

6 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

I was the same the first one as he stayed down for a second or two and thought ‘oh no’ but then he got back up and seemed to gather a bit of confidence out of getting through that. Got nice close control and seems quite clever at drawing a foul out of the defender. Could see him even getting us a couple of penalties as the season goes on but that might just be getting carried away.

If it’s the one where he clutched his calf, that actually looked a very cynical challenge from where we sat.  Rory was breaking away from their guy at the time.

Players like Holden need a bit of protection from the refs.  He was targeted from the moment he came on.

6 hours ago, Vic said:

Well that was a disappointing start for us. Well at least we went top of the league 6 minutes in. No excuses although i couldn`t understand the decision to leave our best goalkeeper on the bench. Hopefully we have Rooney and Morton fir for next week , two of our best players . Well deserved win for you guys and Scott Brown was right ,  feedback from our fans was we got out fought , out muscled and out played. There is always a team that does better than you expect in this league .Last season it was Plymouth and Accrington , maybe this year it could be PVFC. I hope we don`t have another season like last year , here`s hoping. Anyhow best of luck until March 11th 2023 when you turn up at our place. Catch you all then 

Thanks for your insight.  Hard to judge on one game but how do you think we looked compared to the standard at this level last season?

2 hours ago, Doha said:

Not really sure what Joe's supposed to have done wrong. Proper Vale. He's not even been on here for ages.

Have I missed something? He was sound in my book….He’s grown up through the worst times of being a Vale fan, and now we’re doing well he’s disappeared. Come on Joe let’s lap it up while we can:razz::woot:

If it’s the one where he clutched his calf, that actually looked a very cynical challenge from where we sat.  Rory was breaking away from their guy at the time.
Players like Holden need a bit of protection from the refs.  He was targeted from the moment he came on.
Agreed about Holden being targeted as soon as he came on. Must be disconcerting to a player who has just had 2 years of bad injuries.

7 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:
31 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Agreed about Holden being targeted as soon as he came on. Must be disconcerting to a player who has just had 2 years of bad injuries.

That’s football at all levels, and to be honest I’d expect us to do the same, but at this level the ref has to see what’s going on.  It was pretty blatant in my view.

I felt you could see they tried to muscle us from the start, but we stood up to it.

The game showed the higher levels at League 1.  We were well off the pace of it first 10-15 minutes.

Archived