onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Fleetwood Town

Fosse69

Well, we made it in a blaze of glory, now for the hard work. Starting at home to Fleetwood who nearly changed places with us.  Will promotion euphoria take us through the early games as the newcomers settle in? Looking forward to 3 points on the way to 50 by teatime Saturday, 3-1 to the Vale and a welcome to the new faces in the stands and on the pitch.

Advert

For me season starting too early should be middle of August but it is what it is and next week the kick off is here .
Fleetwood drew with Stoke at Stoke last sat and beat Dundee Utd yesterday 2-1 .
This game will be anything but easy the crowd needs be very passionate throughout (that doesn't mean kissing there partners lol).
Team well whoever is selected out of Darrells 17 man squad will do the business so not a question of who he picks a question who does he think will give Vale the best chance of winning the game .
Could do with some new signings but we will see .
Will super OJo get his debut will Garrity score .
For me yes on both fronts .
Final scoreline who knows .
UTV

Hurrah! Something positive to post on!

Can't wait for the game. Hopefully a decent crowd. I'd love us to start with a win and a clean sheet. Impossible to predict the starting line up but it's great that the players who missed a lot of games last season,are getting nearer to fitness.

This is an opportunity to start with a win. I suspect it will be a challenging game and Fleetwood will be no mugs. But there are more difficult fixtures ahead. Exeter are also no more mugs and a difficult away fixture. It just seems to me that winning the two opening games is 10% or more of the total needed to stay well clear of the relegation zone which is the first target of the season to achieve. Going into later August we have an array of difficult fixtures and were we to start with loses in these two games we could be in a struggling situation by September. I think these two games are doable!

It is good to remember that every team (save Derby, depending on your point of view on that situation) is in this league on merit. Teams will finish the season ranked only on their performance over their 46 games, however much S*indon want the EFL to include car park sellout points.

This plea will 100% fall on deaf ears, but let's try not to lose our heads just because we beat a perceived Big Team or lose to a Small Team. There certainly won't be any games against Scunthorpe u17s.

Ok, all that said, I can't wait to board the misery train or HMS P the League depending on our result on Saturday. Bring on another Vale rollercoaster season!

I know it has been said that 3 points against Fleetwood is just 3 points and there will be plenty more games to play. However, I'm sure some games will be targeted as more winnable and this game would in my mind fall into that category. I know there are reasons why we are where we are squad wise but people dismissing our lack of signings as of almost no consequence seems delusional. Willos injury only illustrates how real and immediate that concern is. As far as I'm aware no one is calling for DCs head but OVF is all about debate and not a platform for burying one's head in the sand. Three points on Saturday are not vital but there's nothing like getting off to a good start against a team who are likely to be in the same mix as us.

21 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

do we think mcdermott will start if we don't have a forward in? 

i don't think any of conlon hussey pett or walker will start.

Seems to have done well in the games he’s played, if you’re good enough you’re old enough.

Seems to have done well in the games he’s played, if you’re good enough you’re old enough.
Indeed. I don't think that the likes of him, Plant and Robinson will ever have a better opportunity to stake a real claim for a first team place.

Archived