onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Fleetwood Town

Fosse69

Advert

37 minutes ago, Warren said:

Overall I thought we deserved to win after being sluggish at the start. I thought Fleetwood were decent League 1 fayre but likely to be nearer the bottom than top. Therefore we can't get too pleased with ourselves. 

We can’t but I have to say I’m delighted with that win. They will be down there but we’re missing so many key players with very little up top and off the bench. 

1 minute ago, Vale Ball said:

A word on Charsley, there are some who would ship him out,I thought he was immense today.

He was excellent today, probably the best I’ve seen him with the ball. I liked him last season out of possession but he struggled with the ball. Was excellent with the ball today, best of our midfield imo today 

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

98th minute violent conduct.

His family have sold him a pup...Mark Hughes as manager. It's on his doorstep but all of a sudden he's 4th choice! Played out on the left in friendly games too.

Was always going happen that. Probably would have started in league 1 for us today!!! I still fancy we will sign him in a year or so as our player 

28 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Yes a very pleasing and deserved win.

Take your point re. Fleetwood though - pretty sure I read that they've only won 1 since mid-January, and all previews/tipsters predict them to be bottom 6.

Exactly the type of team we need to/should be beating if we are to hold our own in this League.

No New Manager bounce.

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

We can’t but I have to say I’m delighted with that win. They will be down there but we’re missing so many key players with very little up top and off the bench. 

Off the bench ? I thought the bench was quite strong.

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

He was excellent today, probably the best I’ve seen him with the ball. I liked him last season out of possession but he struggled with the ball. Was excellent with the ball today, best of our midfield imo today 

So many positive comments about so many players tonight, that's a real boost isn't it.

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Did watering the pitch help?

8 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

Agree,but there will be much tougher challenges ahead, although I very much feel that if we can keep everyone fit we have a really promising squad.

I wouldn't fancy our chances against a lot of teams in this league with that 11 out that we had today. But hopefully we won't have too many more games where we're having to play a raw 17 year old up top.

I'll happily take a point now from the next game against Exeter away. By the time the next home game comes around we should have a few more decent new players in the building and a couple of our current players like Conlon match fit and ready to start. To get to that stage with 4 points from 6, I think most people would happily take that!

2 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

I wouldn't fancy our chances against a lot of teams in this league with that 11 out that we had today. But hopefully we won't have too many more games where we're having to play a raw 17 year old up top.

I'll happily take a point now from the next game against Exeter away. By the time the next home game comes around we should have a few more decent new players in the building and a couple of our current players like Conlon match fit and ready to start. To get to that stage with 4 points from 6, I think most people would happily take that!

Agreed,but I'm thinking how much more we'll see from a lot of our players. Some of them showed marked improvement and confidence today,I just think they will really grow into the season. I imagine that a lot of this strength will be installed into them by our management team,reckon we've got something really strong building up at the Vale. There's a strong, quiet determination about this set up. UTV

14 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Off the bench ? I thought the bench was quite strong.

No forwards on there, Conlon, Walker and Holden coming back from bad injuries, thought it was missing a bit personally (attacking wise anyway) think it was ok for today, but maybe not if we’re chasing the game 

Firstly as a grassroots football referee I wasn't at Vale today. I would have loved to have been there but I also love refereeing. Normally I get to about half dozen matches a season.  Over the moon that Vale secured a fantastic win especially going a goal down but turning the game round awesome achievement. YES Fleetwood have been shocking since January and YES you can only beat what is front of you. But how many times in the past twenty plus years have Vale thrustrated their fans by losing to a team. Who in reality they should be beating. It's a bit like the play offs last season after the poor results towards the conclusion of the season losing to Bristol Rovers, Walsall and Newport. Most Vale fans would never have believed that Vale would win the play offs amazing. Fantastic group of players and Daryl Clarke inspiration in itself. Can't ask for more than three points, next two home league matches Bolton and Portsmouth who will both bring large followings. Bolton took 1,600 to Ipswich and Portsmouth 2,135 fans to Sheffield Wednesday. Also 8,109 today at VP attendances like that last seen at VP old second division days.  Final point referee Peter Wright according to some Vale fans was shocking. I can't comment as I wasn't there. But very few players and certainly fans don't know the laws of the game. I am 59 I have refereed for sixteen seasons and I love it. When players and fans criticise me I say you can have an opinion. But I always stick to my decisions as us referee's are NOT robots.

UTV

Archived