onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Mixed bag from the Shrews forum:
I think Walker is massively underrated. He can do a decent job at CB. For a big lad is actually capable of taking a player on and bursting forward from defensive mid and has a decent shot on him. He was s**te last season but if it wasn't for injuries this season he would have kept his place all season imo.
I’d give Davies two years. Walker maybe another half a season to see if he can get over his injuries as he is versatile and a competent cover option
I haven’t seen anything in Brad Walker to determine he should be given an extension. I think he’ll be one of the first out.
Walker and Udoh are simply not up to the standard required if we are going to threaten the play offs next year.
Sears and Barnett and Walker will possibly get offered reduced deals, as squad players.
Vincelot is too injury prone to risk keeping in a small squad but Walker has looked useful at times and might be worth another year
I'd try to keep Whalley (1 year contract) Main, Goss, Davis and maybe Walker, though he does seem to have his fitness issues. Season long loan for Pyke. 

Nothing like OVF then

Advert

10 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

If fans of a club league above are saying wanting him to stay then that makes it a even better signing in my opinion

Those that said they would release him also point out that they are overstocked in defensive Midfielders with 3 others on the books.

Loves a goal from distance. Won Shrews' goal of the season just gone with a 30 yardee into the top corner, plenty of YouTube footage of him doing the same for Hartlepool (edit : it's been posted above)

Looks a decent signing.

He must be robust despite previous injuries if Clarke is making them pass a fitness / medical test before signing. I would have been more worried without DC specifically mentioning a more professional recruitment set up.

Welcome to the lad. An upgrade on Joyce with the odd goal thrown in too. 

Obviously fitness issues but we know how vociferous Clarke was about injuries that we can be assured he's not going to be an habitual sick note ( he says crossing my fingers ) 

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Welcome to the lad. An upgrade on Joyce with the odd goal thrown in too. 

Obviously fitness issues but we know how vociferous Clarke was about injuries that we can be assured he's not going to be an habitual sick note ( he says crossing my fingers ) 

I cant see clarke signings someone unless hes fairly confident in there fitness, obviously players can pick up injurys but he must think whatever he has struggled with at shrewsbury he is now over 

2 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I cant see clarke signings someone unless hes fairly confident in there fitness, obviously players can pick up injurys but he must think whatever he has struggled with at shrewsbury he is now over 

Yes I agree. That's what I was saying, Clarke was vociferous about our huge injury list that he's not going to sign another crock 

15 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Have we ever had a Brad in the main squad before? I know we had at least one Bradley but can't recall a Brad.

Can't recall one, we were also heavily linked with another ex Crewe , Brad Inman a couple of years ago. 

Never hear of him any more 

Archived