• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

2 hours ago, Walka003 said:

I had a look at the shrews forums, and while no one was particularly devastated that he left, pre announcement there was a decent number of there fans wanting him resigned.

We've replaced a 33 year old who didn't have his best season last year, with a 25 year old who fans of a team in the league above were hoping to keep hold of. Mind boggling the mentality of some vale fans to moan about a signing like this.

There is a rumour that Luke Joyce is going to Oldham, so we may see him next year...

Advert:

19 minutes ago, robf said:

Good luck to him, his praise for the club, owners and manager said a lot about him considering he had been let go. I think  he would have been a tough one for Clarke to decide to have him move on. 

To be a professional footballer, the length of time at a club can have so many variables. With Joyce, Clarke decided now was the time to be cut-throat and keep the very best. As the article above has said, Oldham conceded a huge amount last season and Joyce's stats sitting in front of the defence was one of the best in the league. He would do a solid job for them.

• Like 2

Advert:

I'd absolutely class Joyce as a 'good signing' for us, but after watching the last 10-15 games I'm afraid his legs have gone.

Players would just breeze past him and he'd always seem to pass the ball to the opposition more than us.

Yes, his stats are impressive, but stats without context can make anyone look good. I'm a big fan of analytics in football, but watching him live all season I agree with the decision to release him.

Good pro though and good luck to him.

• Like 4

Advert:

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

https://www.harrogateadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/harrogate-towns-202021-loan-stars-will-not-return-to-the-club-3259411

Seems like Dan Jones has turned Harrogate down. Must have something lined up elsewhere? 👀

The left winger played well for them against us. Didn't realise he was on loan from Rangers. If I'd have been asked to pick one of their players he would have been my choice. Their holding midfield player also looked decent.

4 hours ago, Walka003 said:

I had a look at the shrews forums, and while no one was particularly devastated that he left, pre announcement there was a decent number of there fans wanting him resigned.

We've replaced a 33 year old who didn't have his best season last year, with a 25 year old who fans of a team in the league above were hoping to keep hold of. Mind boggling the mentality of some vale fans to moan about a signing like this.

I wouldn’t usually listen to any opinions on a fans forum about a player, look at some of moans on here about our own better players at times. So it comes as no surprise that there’s grumblings from our own fans about this guy coming in for joyce.  Makes me wonder what people expect or are happy with. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

I wouldn’t usually listen to any opinions on a fans forum about a player, look at some of moans on here about our own better players at times. So it comes as no surprise that there’s grumblings from our own fans about this guy coming in for joyce.  Makes me wonder what people expect or are happy with. 

Think some people were expecting us to get kante in to play cdm

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I dont know of Ryan Johnson... I can see he is a 24yr old Defender who stands 6ft 2 and scored 5 goals last year for Hartlepool.

Is he a centre half?

Surely that one would depend on whether Hartlepool get promoted?

Makes no difference if Hartlepool are promoted or not

• Like 1

Advert:

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Bit of research from when he signed for Hartlepool... He plays left sided CB and can also play LB

He is a big unit,watched him the other week when they played Sutton Utd,had an hit and miss game really but Olaofe(who i have mentioned a few times on here) for sutton ripped them a new one

• robf changed the title to Transfer rumours, targets & new signings