• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

So maybe we should research more than just looking at stats before we label players a sicknote or say if they get over being injury prone and i have been guilty of this before. Scott Tanser at 25 has played less games yet is about to get a decent move to league one,is he a crock asking for a friend

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

Walker looks decent enough. Injury record a bit concerning though.

Looks a good size and can certainly strike a ball.

Again apart from an odd niggle(which most footballers will get) and that 3 month spell what is concerning? 

• Like 2

Not exactly excited by this signing, more so as he seems to have been injured a lot in the last 2.5 years. We have just got rid of players who could play week in and week out so not sure what he adds unless he can stay fit.....which he hasn’t done any other club.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Advert:

Not exactly excited by this signing, more so as he seems to have been injured a lot in the last 2.5 years. We have just got rid of players who could play week in and week out so not sure what he adds unless he can stay fit.....which he hasn’t done any other club.

Other than an ankle injury what other injuries has he had ? For how long ? His lack of game time at shrews in first season was down to him struggling to adjust , second season he got off to a flyer and was present till one sustained injury ? Was there more ? He’s 25 played 230 pro games , beckford for example managed 305, Paul Kerr 264
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

Agree with this .Hopefully there will be a better ball winner signed and he will be a back up signing.

It’s going to be a ding dong of a pre season on here. Already the ‘should of kept Brown/Pope etc’ brigade are critical of the first signing without seeing him kick a ball. I’m in the ‘buying into the matrix’ camp, and see how a physical DM fits into what we are trying to achieve. It will be an interesting few weeks, that’s for sure. 

• Like 2

Advert:

Fiacre Kelleher released from Wrexham which their fans are shocked at.

He was brilliant for Macc a few seasons back and had a number of clubs after him... they exercised an option to keep him at the club and then went down on the points deduction leaving him in limbo and ended up at Wrexham.

Their fans say he is statistically one of the best CBs in the league.

25, 6ft 3

He is the type of player that could be a genius pick up as cover at CB (a replacement for Brisley effectively)... shown glimpses of brilliance but never found the right platform.

He was brilliant for Macc a few seasons back and had a number of clubs after him... they exercised an option to keep him at the club and then went down on the points deduction leaving him in limbo and ended up at Wrexham.
25, 6ft 3
He is the type of player that could be a genius pick up as cover at CB (a replacement for Brisley effectively)... shown glimpses of brilliance but never found the right platform.
Agreed, quality player, local and the right age.... The season he moved from Macc (season before last) I believe he was statistically classed as one of the top 3 CB's in the league
  • Like 1

Alan Boswell was the 'keeper when I first started going to the Vale with my dad. I remember him going walkabout all the time and a bloke behind us in the Railway Stand kept yelling, "Get on yer line Boswell!" It remained a catchphrase in our family for years!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Budgie_2260 said:
22 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:
25, 6ft 3

Agreed, quality player, local and the right age.... The season he moved from Macc (season before last) I believe he was statistically classed as one of the top 3 CB's in the league

D3D4 were raving about him... think they even put him in their team of the season, or maybe on the bench because his stats were so good.

Type of player that has ability but fallen through the cracks... maybe the matrix will see the hidden gem?

Advert:

38 minutes ago, MiketheValiant said:

Alan Boswell was the 'keeper when I first started going to the Vale with my dad. I remember him going walkabout all the time and a bloke behind us in the Railway Stand kept yelling, "Get on yer line Boswell!" It remained a catchphrase in our family for years!!!

Same here... always remember his old fashioned green goalies top and gloves

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Budgie_2260 said:
1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:
25, 6ft 3

The kind of player Cambridge and Morecambe picked up last season, might have issue's if Wrexham are prepared to release him.

3 minutes ago, blackdog said:

The kind of player Cambridge and Morecambe picked up last season, might have issue's if Wrexham are prepared to release him.

Or he has told them he’s not signing already...

as you say this is the sort of player we need to pick up. Still a chancer but has a bit of consistency about performances which is often missing in lower league football. 

• Like 1

• robf changed the title to Transfer rumours, targets & new signings