Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

9 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

In your mind, why did Gannon fail?

I believe Gannon was probably right in what he “diagnosed” but how he went about rectifying it was completely wrong. Likewise I think Clarke is spot on when he talks about lack of quality, unbalanced squad etc, but I’m not sure I like the way he transmits this. In the first two games, he’s struck me as a cross between Gannon and Nathan Jones, neither of whom enjoyed their time in Staffordshire.....

Not seen his thoughts of today yet.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, Can I please make a couple of comments: 1. Please KEEP ON TOPIC. This is about a football match. I am now going to plough through and remove all posts not to do with the game (happy

Nice to see you are starting early Should we play poorly or lose then no doubt we will hear a lot from you today again..... play well or win we will see you Tuesday. For goodness sake Askey

Pope back by the end of March, apparently he’s running now which is a bonus, he couldn’t run before his injury.😃

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Coyney Valiant said:

It shows what a poor league this is they are top and to be honest there wasn’t a lot between the two teams 

21 points and if they are not a good team then, honestly, what are we.

10 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

6 posts... all agenda driven.

My guess is Stoke fan on a wind up.

Straight on the ignore list you pop.

how dare you I've never been accused of being an <ovf censored> potter . this sort of comment shows you haven't got a clue and just ignore the obvious . the slide will continue until this clown clarke is gone. somebody with imagination is required and as I've stated before pulls is available. he is proven and plays attractive football.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Orient sacked manager just 

They lost to Tranmere. My Tranmere friends are hopeful of sneaking up on auto promotion after a slow start to the season. Note Cambridge have Tranmere's ex striker scoring for them and Tranmere let him go because of Vaughan. Much travelled but mainly at higher levels.

1 minute ago, Warren said:

They lost to Tranmere. My Tranmere friends are hopeful of sneaking up on auto promotion after a slow start to the season. Note Cambridge have Tranmere's ex striker scoring for them and Tranmere let him go because of Vaughan. Much travelled but mainly at higher levels.

That game against them was pivotal for both sides. Gave them belief. 

Sucked the soul out of us 

• Like 1

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Mario said:

Well thats not DC's fault.

No, but what happened? 
Poor coaching?, not training hard enough during lockdown?, trouble in the camp? Brown, the only player we lost was that good?

Something has happened, we don’t suddenly become that bad.

I thought we did ok today. First half we were the better side. Guthrie makes us look like a better side because he can hold the ball up and allow some of the midfield to get further up the pitch and join the attack. Pity he's been a complete donkey in front of goal so far! 

We lost to a bit of a freak "hit" today and I thought we thoroughly deserved a draw.

I'm still really angry that DC set up so negative against Stevenage on Tuesday. That was the game that was there for the taking. There aren't too many teams worse than Stevenage but, sadly, we are one of those teams at the moment. 

We need a surprise result now with two tough away games to come. Hope to God that Woz and Pope are back soon! 

• Like 5

The defence did well again. Generally not really good enough in the rest of the game. We were a little unfortunate to loose just not having the rub of the green at the moment. Another poop weekend with a defeat but I still feel DC is the right man, and I can see what he is trying to do.

• Like 1

Advert:

2 minutes ago, bomber said:

The defence did well again. Generally not really good enough in the rest of the game. We were a little unfortunate to loose just not having the rub of the green at the moment. Another poop weekend with a defeat but I still feel DC is the right man, and I can see what he is trying to do.

I think the club has been restructured and Clarke and Flitcroft have delivered success previously. At the moment we have to dig in and battle for points. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I believe Gannon was probably right in what he “diagnosed” but how he went about rectifying it was completely wrong. Likewise I think Clarke is spot on when he talks about lack of quality, unbalanced squad etc, but I’m not sure I like the way he transmits this. In the first two games, he’s struck me as a cross between Gannon and Nathan Jones, neither of whom enjoyed their time in Staffordshire.....

Not seen his thoughts of today yet.

The reason Gannon failed are well documented in podcasts and interviews with ex players.

Based on all the interviews from DCs ex players they couldn’t be more different.

4 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

What’s that supposed to mean?

It means I believe that the poster has posted a “factual stat” to have a go at the manager in order to further his pro Askey agenda .. there was no other reason to post it.

Then when called out and shown up because his beloved Askey had worse stats over the same period he has started trying to pretend he didn’t do it to undermine the manger... he was trying to dig himself out of a hole by claiming he was simply posting stats... which everyone sees through. Therefore he was just digging himself further into the hole... hence my advice to stop digging.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Basically we played with 5 at the back and 3 players in the holding midfield role. The issue with wingbacks is you don't really get players overlapping and that is big on a pitch the size of Vale Park. There's also s massive gap between the front 2 and any support.

Advert:

40 minutes ago, Valepopey11 said:

since we hounded asked out its been a relentless slip to the bottom reaches of the division. it is inevitable we go down. askey was reliable and capable as he proved at macclesfield. we are now led by a clown who doesn't want to score goals. when will we learn.

I don't think fans hounded out Askey, they never attended any games unless you think he was trowling social media searching for fans feedback?

No we where hurtling towards the bottom end of the division under Askey,the players had stopped giving effort and he knew his time was up which is why he was extremely emotional after the game at Mansfield. Who could blame him. His players had badly let him down after he had been very loyal to them in the summer?

The clown we are led by now, own the evidence of 3 games so far, with players who had downed tools under Askey has got them giving maximum effort again and stopped us conceding a ridiculous number of goals.A good place to start.

We are currently missing Worrall & Amoo who are the teams main creative players. Its hardly a surprise we are not looking as dangerous without at least one of those players.

Thats what we have learnt.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Valepopey11 said:

since we hounded asked out its been a relentless slip to the bottom reaches of the division. it is inevitable we go down. askey was reliable and capable as he proved at macclesfield. we are now led by a clown who doesn't want to score goals. when will we learn.

Needed a laugh thanks for that 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, JRC said:

Basically we played with 5 at the back and 3 players in the holding midfield role. The issue with wingbacks is you don't really get players overlapping and that is big on a pitch the size of Vale Park. There's also s massive gap between the front 2 and any support.

Agree with this. I think we look better as an attacking side with proper full backs that can link up with wingers.