Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

22 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Whats wrong with people?  I have simply stated a fact.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Some of you are in need of a lie down I reckon.

I think it was more to do with it was your first post after the game,nothing during when we were playing better and then the first thing you did was put 2 points out of 9,personally i think you were after a reaction and you got it,bang out of order for you to be called what you were mind

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, Can I please make a couple of comments: 1. Please KEEP ON TOPIC. This is about a football match. I am now going to plough through and remove all posts not to do with the game (happy

Missing today, Gibbons, Worrall, Oyeleke, Amoo, Joyce and Pope. All of this would be in most fans first 11 when fit. None played today. We didn’t deserve to lose that and probably wouldn’t have done w

Nice to see you are starting early Should we play poorly or lose then no doubt we will hear a lot from you today again..... play well or win we will see you Tuesday. For goodness sake Askey

Posted Images

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

Not this season he didn’t 

No but I can’t remember him saying how <ovf censored> the team was all the time. It may be true but it’s not going to motivate anyone and JA wasn’t making out he was the next messiah. I’d prefer him to say he’s working hard to get a tune out of them. As Birchall said the ones out of contract could think sod it Im on the way out anyway.

he’s got to be very careful 

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Credit there  for a decent post

We all know there will be a massive overhaul of the squad this summer and i for one am looking forward to that,then as you say lets see what he can do next season

Priority this season is to stay up no matter how messy or ugly or boring we have to be to do it

And that’s why I think that we will be ok.  We can be messy, ugly and boring and pick up enough points to stay up.  The teams below us probably can’t.

over the last 5 games the gap hasn’t really closed despite us averaging a point a game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

No but I can’t remember him saying how <ovf censored> the team was all the time. It may be true but it’s not going to motivate anyone and JA wasn’t making out he was the next messiah. I’d prefer him to say he’s working hard to get a tune out of them. As Birchall said the ones out of contract could think sod it Im on the way out anyway.

he’s got to be very careful 

But who in their right mind would take them? Surely this is their opportunity to put themselves in the shop window. I wouldn’t touch half our current squad with a barge pole, even if I was a national league club.

• Like 1

Advert:

Another Saturday where I'm depressed and angry. Trying to make myself feel better I had a look at the points total for 3rd bottom over the last 10 seasons.

2019-20: 32 points (if Stevenage were rightly relegated)

2018-19: 44 points

2017-18: 46 points (Morecambe stayed up on GD)

2016-17: 48 points

2015-16: 43 points

2014-15: 45 points

2013-14: 50 points

2012-13: 51 points

2011-12: 46 points

2010-11: 48 points

We're on 34 points currently with 15 games to go.

I'm very very scared. For month's I've been thinking "we'll win a couple of games soon and get out of this mess". It doesn't look like happening.

• Like 3

I don’t think the majority of our squad will be playing league football next season and I don’t mean because we will be relegated. I think they are that standard at best. Some not even that 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Powerline said:

But who in their right mind would take them? Surely this is their opportunity to put themselves in the shop window. I wouldn’t touch half our current squad with a barge pole, even if I was a national league club.

11 minutes ago, Powerline said:

That’s not the point. They’re still here and we need them to play as well as they can. 

Advert:

Today was one of the better ones and we still never looked like winning! Cambridge were hardly wonderful to watch either. 

We have to look at our coaching team because Hannant looks improved from his time at Vale, although that was in a dire Aspin team. 

13 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I don’t think the majority of our squad will be playing league football next season and I don’t mean because we will be relegated. I think they are that standard at best. Some not even that 

Don’t worry all the dire ones under contract like fan favourite, Theo Robinson will be staying. This idea of a  “mutual termination” won’t happen because Theo will be looking at the Isthmian league for £50 a week based on what he is doing for us. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

Don’t worry all the dire ones under contract like fan favourite, Theo Robinson will be staying. This idea of a  “mutual termination” won’t happen because Theo will be looking at the Isthmian league for £50 a week based on what he is doing for us. 

I think he would be lucky to get a club at that level. Full on cart horse. 

Just now, Properman said:

I hope you all pope haters now crawl up your own arse. We miss him so much it's untrue.  We need a bit of battle, and start upping the fight.

I’ve been critical of Pope saying ideally he shouldn’t be starting anymore if we want to do anything at our level but by christ I wish he was fit right now.

Advert:

Just now, Properman said:

I hope you all pope haters now crawl up your own arse. We miss him so much it's untrue.  We need a bit of battle, and start upping the fight.

Why is it always pope haters? Nobody hates him infact the opposite. What is true is that he’s not getting any younger and isn’t what he used to be. (Not scored many when he played this season). Nobody hates him they’re just realistic. I do agree I’d love to him back now and would walk into this side. 

• Like 3

since we hounded asked out its been a relentless slip to the bottom reaches of the division. it is inevitable we go down. askey was reliable and capable as he proved at macclesfield. we are now led by a clown who doesn't want to score goals. when will we learn.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Why is it always pope haters? Nobody hates him infact the opposite. What is true is that he’s not getting any younger and isn’t what he used to be. (Not scored many when he played this season). Nobody hates him they’re just realistic. I do agree I’d love to him back now and would walk into this side. 

That's fair. We can't keep pinning our hopes on him to bail us out.