onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Fosse69

Advert

21 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Its the same squad that nearly got us promoted.  Clarke is doing what he knows, he is setting up not to lose, but we will lose by the odd goal.  Today wasn't that bad but at the business end we need to score some goals.  Had Guthrie scored early doors it may have been different.  We won't go down, Clarke will keep us up.  I just hope he can move us on as time goes by.

Credit there  for a decent post

We all know there will be a massive overhaul of the squad this summer and i for one am looking forward to that,then as you say lets see what he can do next season

Priority this season is to stay up no matter how messy or ugly or boring we have to be to do it

1 minute ago, Nofinikea said:

You didn't just stick to facst though did you.  You concluded with a false assumption and statement designed to make out I am unstable.

That was not the intentiin at all. Just showed you how we fared under Askey in the same games earlier in season but you are doing a good job of that yourself 

22 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Whats wrong with people?  I have simply stated a fact.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Some of you are in need of a lie down I reckon.

I think it was more to do with it was your first post after the game,nothing during when we were playing better and then the first thing you did was put 2 points out of 9,personally i think you were after a reaction and you got it,bang out of order for you to be called what you were mind

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

Not this season he didn’t 

No but I can’t remember him saying how <ovf censored> the team was all the time. It may be true but it’s not going to motivate anyone and JA wasn’t making out he was the next messiah. I’d prefer him to say he’s working hard to get a tune out of them. As Birchall said the ones out of contract could think sod it Im on the way out anyway.

he’s got to be very careful 

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Credit there  for a decent post

We all know there will be a massive overhaul of the squad this summer and i for one am looking forward to that,then as you say lets see what he can do next season

Priority this season is to stay up no matter how messy or ugly or boring we have to be to do it

And that’s why I think that we will be ok.  We can be messy, ugly and boring and pick up enough points to stay up.  The teams below us probably can’t.

over the last 5 games the gap hasn’t really closed despite us averaging a point a game.

3 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

No but I can’t remember him saying how <ovf censored> the team was all the time. It may be true but it’s not going to motivate anyone and JA wasn’t making out he was the next messiah. I’d prefer him to say he’s working hard to get a tune out of them. As Birchall said the ones out of contract could think sod it Im on the way out anyway.

he’s got to be very careful 

But who in their right mind would take them? Surely this is their opportunity to put themselves in the shop window. I wouldn’t touch half our current squad with a barge pole, even if I was a national league club.

Another Saturday where I'm depressed and angry. Trying to make myself feel better I had a look at the points total for 3rd bottom over the last 10 seasons.

2019-20: 32 points (if Stevenage were rightly relegated)

2018-19: 44 points

2017-18: 46 points (Morecambe stayed up on GD)

2016-17: 48 points

2015-16: 43 points

2014-15: 45 points

2013-14: 50 points

2012-13: 51 points

2011-12: 46 points

2010-11: 48 points

We're on 34 points currently with 15 games to go.

I'm very very scared. For month's I've been thinking "we'll win a couple of games soon and get out of this mess". It doesn't look like happening.

Archived