22 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Why did he want go Bradford?? and why has he shown interest in the Vale job if he doesn't want to come?

Has he?

Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Sadly the rock and the hard place has been inflicted by putting faith in the wrong people. Again something that is commendable withour owners but has not paid off. They gave Askey every chance to be a success. They have looked after the whole club and wider community since they took over in the face of adversity. There are a few morons that have levelled abuse at her on various social media. Which is absolutely deplorable. But on the whole fans are behind the owners. 

But indecision has lead us here and we now need leadership to get us out. The million pound is not irrelevant. I never said it is. But the only way to reduce that deficit is improvement on the pitch. Sadly that means investment in a manager. No one is spending her money. It’s a football club in turmoil in the middle of a pandemic it can’t be avoided who ever the owner was.

I agree with that. We have to commend our owners - unequivocally - for the investment and resources they have put into the club, especially in the pandemic when they are one million pounds short of income. Just remarkable. 

What worries me now is that a footballing error of judgement might undo all this commitment, hard work and hard cash. I think it's a serious mistake to have put Pugh and Sinclair in charge and the consequences might be all out of proportion with the decision. Unfortunately by the time it becomes clear that they should never have been in charge it may be too late to remedy it.

At some point soon, push is going to come to shove. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later. UTV. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CAVALIER said:

It's not hard. Don't be disappointed over anything when the bigger picture is that there's a pandemic, we have no income, we are losing money etc. 

I don't follow your comment at all.

Riiiiiight...okaaaayyy...

So we are not allowed to be disappointed with the current situation? 

Completely understand that there is a pandemic. There is no money in lower league football at the best of times let alone with everything that is going on. 

I am not attacking Carol in any way so please do not misinterpret my posts. She and Kevin are the best thing to happen to the club for years. But that doesn’t mean you can’t be disappointed surely??? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

I agree with that. We have to commend our owners - unequivocally - for the investment and resources they have put into the club, especially in the pandemic when they are one million pounds short of income. Just remarkable. 

What worries me now is that a footballing error of judgement might undo all this commitment, hard work and hard cash. I think it's a serious mistake to have put Pugh and Sinclair in charge and the consequences might be all out of proportion with the decision. Unfortunately by the time it becomes clear that they should never have been in charge it may be too late to remedy it.

At some point soon, push is going to come to shove. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later. UTV. 

Fully agree mate and for me you have put it perfectly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Riiiiiight...okaaaayyy...

So we are not allowed to be disappointed with the current situation? 

Completely understand that there is a pandemic. There is no money in lower league football at the best of times let alone with everything that is going on. 

I am not attacking Carol in any way so please do not misinterpret my posts. She and Kevin are the best thing to happen to the club for years. But that doesn’t mean you can’t be disappointed surely??? 

Agreed, but you said you were very disappointed with Carol. Not the same to me at all.

Advert:

1 minute ago, CAVALIER said:

Agreed, but you said you were very disappointed with Carol. Not the same to me at all.

I am disappointed though...

Disappointed that they are our owners - no way! 

Disappointed in the management situation - absolutely. 

I do think that mistakes are being made. Any deficit will only be worse if we finish the season in a relegation dog fight or worse. 

Michael Duff.

Get him in. 

Cheltenham 1-0 Man City (71 mins)

Yes Pep Guardiola, multiple UCL winner, managed Barcelona and Bayern Munich to success, well his Man City. That’s the Man City that are, the all extents, the richest club in the world.

Even if they concede 8 in these last 19 mins, what an achievement.

Edited by Biddulph_PV

57 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Grimsby are managed by a manager who isn’t related to their club and one we would have been happy with.

One thing for certain... Football isn’t simple. 

Just remembered he is associated with them having been their manager before! see football isnt simple! 😂😂

11 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Michael Duff.

Get him in. 

Cheltenham 1-0 Man City (71 mins)

Yes Pep Guardiola, multiple UCL winner, managed Barcelona and Bayern Munich to success, well his Man City. That’s the Man City that are, the all extents, the richest club in the world.

Even if they concede 8 in these last 19 mins, what an achievement.

Duff out!

Advert:

We need to go and get an experienced manager, give him an experienced backroom team ASAP.

It's a shambles by the sounds of things and we need to get some control. I dont think any of these currently in charge can do that.

We need to go and get an experienced manager, give him an experienced backroom team ASAP.

It's a shambles by the sounds of things and we need to get some control. I dont think any of these currently in charge can do that.

It won’t happen

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Not sure that makes any sense or has any relevance what so ever. 

I think money has everything to do with it the situation. Why have we not invested in a new manager? Money

The club have consistently said they had budgeted not to have fans in until March this year. Its looking more likely we won't have fans until next season now. There is going be a big hole in our finances.

I'm also pretty sure sacking a manager, his backroom staff, refreshing 1/3 of the 1st team in January and bringing a new manager and staff where not part of the budget either.

12 minutes ago, MBE said:

I think money has everything to do with it the situation. Why have we not invested in a new manager? Money

The club have consistently said they had budgeted not to have fans in until March this year. Its looking more likely we won't have fans until next season now. There is going be a big hole in our finances.

I'm also pretty sure sacking a manager, his backroom staff, refreshing 1/3 of the 1st team in January and bringing a new manager and staff where not part of the budget either.

Don’t disagree with that. I was replying to a post where it essentially said we can’t have a view unless we a spare million to invest

• Like 1

Advert:

29 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

If we weren't going to appoint externally I'd have kept Askey.

Pugh just feels like Michael Brown v2.

I'd have more faith in Askey than Danny <ovf censored> Pugh. To sack a manager that deserved the sack but had experience and replace him with an absolute chancer that's also mates with lots of the players at the club will be an absolutely appalling decision by Carol, no matter what sunshine people thinks shines out of her arse every passing second.

6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I was replying to a post where it essentially said we can’t have a view unless we a spare million to invest

Fair enough. Its free to have a view😀