6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

We beat Grimsby and Pugh had done well. We got a point at FGR and folk were chuffed. We’ve lost today and Carol has made a pig’s ear. Give the woman a chance. 

Grimsby are getting hammered every game. We weren’t exactly good against them just beat a side somehow worse than us. 

sunderland? 

Forest Green was a horrible performance. First half was appauling and were were saved by Rodney. 

Today. Appauling. 

In no way should we sack a manager and have nobody lined up. To then publicly say they’re not even bothering with interviews and that essentially Pugh has it until the end of the season. It’s madness. Get Derek adams from morcambe ASAP. 

• Like 3

Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

Posted Images

The pandemic has dictated the thinking with Pugh and Co. It’s clear that we won’t be challenging for promotion so they’re being allowed to steer the club until the end of the season, Carol said as much.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Grimsby are getting hammered every game. We weren’t exactly good against them just beat a side somehow worse than us. 

sunderland? 

Forest Green was a horrible performance. First half was appauling and were were saved by Rodney. 

Today. Appauling. 

In no way should we sack a manager and have nobody lined up. To then publicly say they’re not even bothering with interviews and that essentially Pugh has it until the end of the season. It’s madness. Get Derek adams from morcambe ASAP. 

I have no idea why Derek Adams would come to the Vale at the  moment when he is doing so well at Morecombe, doesnt make any sense.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Grimsby are in absolute shambles. Forest Green was a reasonable draw in a game in which we were probably 2nd best. Today was appalling. I'm allowed to enjoy the Grimsby win and stick by my view that we need an external appointment to sort this mess out.

I think we've had played one decent half out of 6 (or 8 if you include the Trophy) since Askey was sacked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, osprey said:

I have no idea why Derek Adams would come to the Vale at the  moment when he is doing so well at Morecombe, doesnt make any sense.

Bigger club, potential wage rise 

• Like 3

Advert:

47 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Think I'm right in saying he was sent off the other night against Walsall.

Passionate and feisty and the job at Morecambe is incredible .

Get him here for Tuesday's game please Carol 

I think he missed about 20 games managing in Scotland all in all! One individual ban ran for double figures...

7 minutes ago, osprey said:

Why did he want go Bradford?? and why has he shown interest in the Vale job if he doesn't want to come?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, dantheman said:

If all that’s true he should have been employed when Askey left! Very disappointed with Carol over all this. Commendable for being patient owners and giving people a chance but it has to be right. It is all to obvious that this is not right! 

You taking the piss? Cock.

11 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

The pandemic has dictated the thinking with Pugh and Co. It’s clear that we won’t be challenging for promotion so they’re being allowed to steer the club until the end of the season, Carol said as much.

Correct we will not be challenging for promotion, but we are hurtling towards relegation.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Grimsby are getting hammered every game.

Grimsby are managed by a manager who isn’t related to their club and one we would have been happy with.

One thing for certain... Football isn’t simple. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I partially agree with you but I don’t think the million quid is irrelevant. We can’t spend what we don’t have - Carol at the moment is between a rock and a hard place. 

Sadly the rock and the hard place has been inflicted by putting faith in the wrong people. Again something that is commendable withour owners but has not paid off. They gave Askey every chance to be a success. They have looked after the whole club and wider community since they took over in the face of adversity. There are a few morons that have levelled abuse at her on various social media. Which is absolutely deplorable. But on the whole fans are behind the owners. 

But indecision has lead us here and we now need leadership to get us out. The million pound is not irrelevant. I never said it is. But the only way to reduce that deficit is improvement on the pitch. Sadly that means investment in a manager. No one is spending her money. It’s a football club in turmoil in the middle of a pandemic it can’t be avoided who ever the owner was.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think you can simultaneously be very thankful for Carol, and also think she's making a bit of a pig's ear of this managerial situation.

That's unfair Joe B. Unless you're in the know, how can you say that? We may have no money to pay another wage. Like I keep saying to you, we don't know the finances. We'd all like someone new but with potential ST refunds , paying Askey off, paying those released off, a huge loss of income, tell me, what would you do? Spend money we don't have. Give the owners a break. 

Pig's ear? Come on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

That's unfair Joe B. Unless you're in the know, how can you say that? We may have no money to pay another wage. Like I keep saying to you, we don't know the finances. We'd all like someone new but with potential ST refunds , paying Askey off, paying those released off, a huge loss of income, tell me, what would you do? Spend money we don't have. Give the owners a break. 

Pig's ear? Come on. 

jim gannons available 😄:bomb::board::sos::nerr::drink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Erm... not sure I follow? 

It's not hard. Don't be disappointed over anything when the bigger picture is that there's a pandemic, we have no income, we are losing money etc. 

I don't follow your comment at all.

Advert:

27 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Steer us to relegation perhaps? Something for everyone Port Vale to look forward to. Might as well have just kept Askey or make Pope player-manager.

23 minutes ago, Doha said:

I think he missed about 20 games managing in Scotland all in all! One individual ban ran for double figures...

thats what we want bob newton and stan steeles luv child:drink:

31 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I partially agree with you but I don’t think the million quid is irrelevant. We can’t spend what we don’t have - Carol at the moment is between a rock and a hard place. 

Worse than that I think. There's no end  in sight to the pandemic so what can they do? Let's bring another manager in, then reduce the playing budget. That's got to be plan c I reckon.