8 minutes ago, dishydave said:
42 minutes ago, pete vale said:
Why can't people see this. Action needs taking now, it will cost a lot more not too. What on earth is going on?

Because we all think we are to good to go down and so do the owners. All this talk of if everyone is fit we'll be ok. We haven't had our best 11 fit all season so what makes us think that's about to change now.

This could turn out to be a nightmare season for us all, we have no input either not being at the ground. Something is wrong, has been for months. I know 2/3 things that have happened, there are issues. Just hope we can sneak some points from the next 2 games somehow.

Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, pete vale said:

This could turn out to be a nightmare season for us all, we have no input either not being at the ground. Something is wrong, has been for months. I know 2/3 things that have happened, there are issues. Just hope we can sneak some points from the next 2 games somehow.

These players have got off lightly with us not being at the ground!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

The wages he must have been on at Chelsea, he could probably buy most of Vale Park.  🙃

Easily has more money than Carol. Add his career earnings and I am surprised more ex top tier pros are not just buying league 2 clubs outright.

34 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Easily has more money than Carol. Add his career earnings and I am surprised more ex top tier pros are not just buying league 2 clubs outright.

Probably because they have financial advisers telling them how to earn money on their investments......buying a league 2 club smacks of spunking cash away.......let's ask Robbie to invest. 

Advert:

8 hours ago, Volcano said:

We need someone in to retain our league status, dare I say Dino Maamria till the end of the season. I wouldn’t want him but his style of football would keep us in the football league, and that must be a consideration.

But I’ve just seen he’s the assistant now at Burton Albion 😟

All i can say there is wow

• Like 1

12 hours ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

yes, the staffordshire knot could have been ressurected! :lecture::freezing:

13 hours ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

I'm certain of that and perhaps Carol and Kevin need to be more in touch with the fan base not the cluster of 'friends' and 'hangers on' who may be offering opinions. We are not good enough, we need a new manager now. We will be very fortunate to remain in league 2 if we don't change. It would be so sad to see our beloved Vale lose league status and we have not been there to influence it in any way. Two crucial games coming up imo.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, pete vale said:

I'm certain of that and perhaps Carol and Kevin need to be more in touch with the fan base

Other than coming around for tea, I’m not sure how much more in touch they could be.

• Like 1

Advert:

22 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

What is the point of a new manager if we can't change the players? Things are difficult at the moment for any number of reasons but only the players can get us out of it. 

Managers are very important. With some proper management I am confident this squad could do far, far better than they have since November. We look bereft of ideas and structure at present.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

What is the point of a new manager if we can't change the players? Things are difficult at the moment for any number of reasons but only the players can get us out of it. 

Correct, the players got us into this position with a catalogue of unforced errors and lack of character over numerous games this season.  As we’re near the end of the window there’s little time left now to change much more unless teams come in for the out of favour players.  We’re lucky the owners are willing/able to pay those de-registered players to enable the team to be strengthened.  That said, any managers position is always under scrutiny.  Pugh has his chance to stake a claim but results will dictate on that score.

24 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

A new manager can sort out who he wants for next season and what is required.He will have 3/4 months to do that.What if we end up in the National League? Would you give Pugh the job?We would be less attractive for any potential new manager if we got relegated and have a limited choice.Agreed about the players.Time to step up or **** off.

• Like 2

We have no game plan at the minute I don't see any structure to the way we play it's just hoof and hope. At least under Askey there was a pattern to our play even though it didn't work and that's not me saying he shouldn't have gone.

22 minutes ago, dishydave said:

We have no game plan at the minute I don't see any structure to the way we play it's just hoof and hope. At least under Askey there was a pattern to our play even though it didn't work and that's not me saying he shouldn't have gone.

Really? In the last 3 games, including one win and one draw, you’ve seen less of a plan than in the previous 12 games under John?

Advert:

We need to relax a minute. If we win tonight ( I know, but stranger things have happened!) the manager will have gone WDLW in his first 4 games. That would be considered a decent start given what he inherited. Wouldn’t it?

3 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

We need to relax a minute. If we win tonight ( I know, but stranger things have happened!) the manager will have gone WDLW in his first 4 games. That would be considered a decent start given what he inherited. Wouldn’t it?

It's whether 'decent' is enough, for me. 

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

A new manager can sort out who he wants for next season and what is required.He will have 3/4 months to do that.What if we end up in the National League? Would you give Pugh the job?We would be less attractive for any potential new manager if we got relegated and have a limited choice.Agreed about the players.Time to step up or **** off.

We need to focus on this season, no point in planning for next season until we know which League we are in. If we bring another manager in and he puts some  of the better players offside we will be in more trouble. Is it worth the gamble? 

• Confused 1