This needs to happen, and soon. And if the new man wants to bring his own staff in, then we have to accept that and clear the current out! I just hope Carol can see this, and hasn't promised Pugh the job to the end of the season? The players may like Danny Pugh...doesn't look that way on the pitch, though. I know making the change doesn't guarantee success...but Mansfield, for one, are enjoying an upturn under an experienced manager! 

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Posted Images

Interesting commentary today saying Walsall are closing us down, they certainly done their homework. As Sproson said we are not cutting crosses out. He made the point when Pejic was here he worked very hard on that, but what do our Coaches do they prepare us for the Twickenham Sevens

The only way we will get an experienced manager is by paying good money.
The only way we can achieve that in my opinion is to sell our one decent asset.
In my view the reason Pugh made him captain was to increase his value and saleability.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I keep saying i will still back Pugh until that changes BUT what i will say is that months ago when problems began to surface i mentioned Derek Adams and he has and always will be my first choice,works miracles and takes no <ovf censored> and wont cost much money at all,i believe he has shown interest in the job as he did the Bradford one.

Will we go for someone like that,i doubt it

Think I'm right in saying he was sent off the other night against Walsall.

Passionate and feisty and the job at Morecambe is incredible .

Get him here for Tuesday's game please Carol 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Think I'm right in saying he was sent off the other night against Walsall.

Passionate and feisty and the job at Morecambe is incredible .

Get him here for Tuesday's game please Carol 

Yes he was as he thought they should of had a penalty

I believe he wouldn't cost any compensation either..... just look at his record and stats its a no brainer for me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

7 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

The only way we will get an experienced manager is by paying good money.
The only way we can achieve that in my opinion is to sell our one decent asset.
In my view the reason Pugh made him captain was to increase his value and saleability.

Derek Adams wont be on more money than Askey was on and he wont cost compensation,i believe he has a clause in his contract and has shown interest in our job

• Like 1

If all that’s true he should have been employed when Askey left! Very disappointed with Carol over all this. Commendable for being patient owners and giving people a chance but it has to be right. It is all to obvious that this is not right! 

3 minutes ago, dantheman said:

If all that’s true he should have been employed when Askey left! Very disappointed with Carol over all this. Commendable for being patient owners and giving people a chance but it has to be right. It is all to obvious that this is not right! 

How can you be disappointed with Carol unless you’ve got a million quid to help her out?

• Like 3

Carol said on the radio when on about who had applied for the job that a manager doing well at a league 2 team club had applied,my guess would be Adams as he had applied for Bradford and has a clause to say he can leave,we can all pick who we want as a manager without knowing what they are like as a person etc BUT if i was Carol i really would be putting that call in tonight and let him bring his backroom team in,yes it will cost(not as much as many others) but it will also cost a lot more if things dont change

• Like 2

This will go down as a ridiculous post 

But a bit like the Beckford signing years ago.

I'd be willing to pay 25 extra on my season ticket to get Adams in 

If 2000 did it that's 50 grand

I'll get my coat 

Ps I realise football isn't so simplistic

• Like 1

Advert:

As much as we are losing money due to the pandemic I think it’s time to dig deep and get an experienced manager in. Speculate to accumulate we can’t drop into the national league at any cost. Look at Chesterfield as an example. Get a manager now stabilise now build for next season.

11 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

How can you be disappointed with Carol unless you’ve got a million quid to help her out?

I think you can simultaneously be very thankful for Carol, and also think she's making a bit of a pig's ear of this managerial situation.

• Like 3

We beat Grimsby and Pugh had done well. We got a point at FGR and folk were chuffed. We’ve lost today and Carol has made a pig’s ear. Give the woman a chance. 

12 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Derek Adams wont be on more money than Askey was on and he wont cost compensation,i believe he has a clause in his contract and has shown interest in our job

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

How can you be disappointed with Carol unless you’ve got a million quid to help her out

As I didn’t mention anything about money it’s very weak to throw the million quid argument about. If I had it I’d absolutely invest it in the vale! And I would absolutely invest in Carol I think her and Kevin are the best thing to happen to the club for years and genuinely think they could be the people to bring good times back. But I don’t have a million quid and neither do you.

The point I was making is that there seems to be a theme of indecision. That’s what disappoints me. Without making some big decisions fast there will be a bigger deficit than a million with potential of non league and or reduced season tickets. Only way to salvage this season is to try and generate some positivity to go into next season.

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

We beat Grimsby and Pugh had done well. We got a point at FGR and folk were chuffed. We’ve lost today and Carol has made a pig’s ear. Give the woman a chance. 

I haven't changed my tune at all Jean; I have made it clear I'm not happy at this 'give Danny a chance and hope he wins some games approach, thereby eliminating any decision-making', or the lack of looking at the applications, or the view that appointing a permanent manager is a distraction

Pugh's a caretaker whilst we conduct the application process and find the best man for the job; not on a trial run for the job itself. If he wins out the application process, then fair enough, but he should be subject to the same process as everyone else, and not given a massive headstart.

Grimsby are in absolute shambles. Forest Green was a reasonable draw in a game in which we were probably 2nd best. Today was appalling. I'm allowed to enjoy the Grimsby win and stick by my view that we need an external appointment to sort this mess out.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dantheman said:

As I didn’t mention anything about money it’s very weak to throw the million quid argument about. If I had it I’d absolutely invest it in the vale! And I would absolutely invest in Carol I think her and Kevin are the best thing to happen to the club for years and genuinely think they could be the people to bring good times back. But I don’t have a million quid and neither do you.

The point I was making is that there seems to be a theme of indecision. That’s what disappoints me. Without making some big decisions fast there will be a bigger deficit than a million with potential of non league and or reduced season tickets. Only way to salvage this season is to try and generate some positivity to go into next season.

I partially agree with you but I don’t think the million quid is irrelevant. We can’t spend what we don’t have - Carol at the moment is between a rock and a hard place. 

22 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Not sure that makes any sense or has any relevance what so ever. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 1