Jump to content

Next Manager


Recommended Posts

Advert:


Please do not pick someone just because they have been at Vale previously.  This has been tried so many times and all its done is tarnish their legend status.

Vale should be able to attract a higher caliber manager now under Carol than previous owners who want to come here and buy into the new era.  Time will tell and hopefully this is where Colin Garlick and John Rudge experience should be sort.  

Good luck with this decision and hopefully you already have some names lined up.  Other clubs manage it, Vale previously took ages to sort it out.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


We're a much more attractive proposition to an out of work manager than we have been in years.

Proper owner who cannot be accused of failing to back her manager/players. Infrastructure being set up on the youth academy side. A squad that has a number of good players that, up until this implosion, looked like playoff candidates.

They can walk in, mid-window, with no pressure bar to keep us away from danger and really assess the squad. They'll need to sign some younger players and make far better use of Carol's money than their predecessor, but the foundations are in place for someone to revitalise their career here.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

So, who do we want? 
 

Grayson, Alexander or Coleman for me. 

Any of those 3 or derek adams. 
 

think it’s vital we pay for someone decent. We need a proven manager this time as per Micky adams 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to me Alexander represents failure with a large budget. And at his big age he should've known not to associate himself with those class of '92 scumbags

Just cos you've heard of someone doesn't mean they're good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you know what for me I have no real preferences on the next manager. There are quite a few candidates out there who I think can come and do a good job and finally get us out of this crap league. I think you could make a good case for most.

I only ask of one thing from our owners and that is to go against the grain of previous regimes and try to get THE best manager available. Its long overdue we invested in a manager rather than going for a cheap option.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


27 minutes ago, Joe B said:

We're a much more attractive proposition to an out of work manager than we have been in years.

Proper owner who cannot be accused of failing to back her manager/players. Infrastructure being set up on the youth academy side. A squad that has a number of good players that, up until this implosion, looked like playoff candidates.

They can walk in, mid-window, with no pressure bar to keep us away from danger and really assess the squad. They'll need to sign some younger players and make far better use of Carol's money than their predecessor, but the foundations are in place for someone to revitalise their career here.

I think especially in Synectics industry and being based in stoke, Carol will know that you have to pay the money to attract the right people for the specialist jobs, so hopefully we can go out and offer a competitive salary for one of those on your shortlist. I can't see why not.

 

Also - it's not a terrible job for someone to walk into really. We know the squad is completely under performing rather than the shambles Aspin and then Askey had walked into. There's a more than good chance that a good experienced manager could start getting results early on, not to put too much pressure on whoever it may be.

 

 

Edited by Regal Beagle
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MBE said:

Do you know what for me I have no real preferences on the next manager. There are quite a few candidates out there who I think can come and do a good job and finally get us out of this crap league. I think you could make a good case for most.

I only ask of one thing from our owners and that is to go against the grain of previous regimes and try to get THE best manager available. Its long overdue we invested in a manager rather than going for a cheap option.

Absolutely spot on. And of course I want us to beat Grimsby it's crucial. 

But the thought of Danny Pugh's black and white army would stink of Michael Brown all over again 

We have to think outside the box 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Absolutely spot on. And of course I want us to beat Grimsby it's crucial. 

But the thought of Danny Pugh's black and white army would stink of Michael Brown all over again 

We have to think outside the box 

Smurthwaite thought outside the box!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here

    Please check with site staff if you wish to sell, auction or raffle any items on here. We are very happy to support good causes but do ask you to check with us first - Contact us here




×
×
  • Create New...