I would like to see John Mcgreal ex Colchester and  from Liverpool, he always got his team to play exciting,attacking football and they were always in and around the play offs,the snag is that he might be well settled in East Anglia

• Like 1

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Davo666 said:

Derek Adams at Morecombe is definitely the standout candidate,has a great record and a release clause in his contract !!

Don’t think he’ll trigger the release clause to drop down a league.

Posted (edited)

I try to stay off the vale fan Facebook pages because they are just full of fans arguing with each other half the time.

But some of the managers suggested are bonkers.

So far I've seen 

Gareth Ainsworth

Sol Campbell 

Tony Pulis 

Billy Davies 

Phil Neville

Chris Coleman

Do they just pick a name from a hat ? Jesus wept.

Edited by boslemportvale91
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, jockyboy said:

Joey Barton?

hasn't he got a court case coming up for the incident with the Barnsley manager?

Advert:

45 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Rob Page
Will have learnt a lot from coaching the Welsh National side and just think what he could achieve with a quality and supportive owner!

Well yes, but I think he has moved on to bigger and better sadly. 

There is a Venn diagram inside my head.

• Managers that I think are any good
  • Managers that would come

At present the two circles do not overlap.

• Like 1

Advert:

7 minutes ago, Santa said:

Dat sounds like tiddies, hee hee.

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Wouldn't want Holloway. I feel Adams is unlikely, but worth an approach. Coleman/Cook/Cowleys not a prayer

1. Parkinson

2. Grayson

3. Alexander

4. Flitcroft

5. Bowyer 

Wouldn't need to approach Adams if he applies for it,he has a clause in his contract i believe

If Carol wants youth bringing through and playing then you could look at McGreal

I have said for a fair few weeks on here about Adams before i think many had even thought of him,he is certainly my first choice and my second choice would be Alexander(but i guess he might want go back Fleetwood now)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Santa said:

There is a Venn diagram inside my head.

• Managers that I think are any good
  • Managers that would come

I think you're underselling us Santa. There are only 92 league clubs, only a handful at any time that have a vacancy. We're a far more attractive prospect than we were a couple of years ago, I think we'd be surprised if we opened applications up. Of course we're never going to get a Mourinho or a Guardiola (or even an Eddie Howe) but none of the names mentioned above would be unrealistic if we were ambitious enough.

Just please - no one attached to the club and not Joey Barton. 

Edited by gavcradd

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

Wouldn't need to approach Adams if he applies for it,he has a clause in his contract i believe

If Carol wants youth bringing through and playing then you could look at McGreal

I have said for a fair few weeks on here about Adams before i think many had even thought of him,he is certainly my first choice and my second choice would be Alexander(but i guess he might want go back Fleetwood now)

McGreal wouldn't be bad but had a lot of talent at Colchester and never quite delivered. 

If Adams is available and fancies it, it is an absolute no brainer. I'd happily see a reduction in wage budget to pay for him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

Think Graham’s Alexander is favourite for a job in Scotland I read other day, can’t think which club it was though. I’d like Phil Parkinson. It depends who applies though. We may be shocked at some of the applicants?

Advert:

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

A mate of mine has said Paul Heckinbotham , think last seen at Hibs 

Only really done well as a caretaker manager,now u23 coach at sheff utd i think

I wonder which 5 players we’ll keep on the books to pay for Grayson’s wages.