Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Posted Images

16 hours ago, dishydave said:
16 hours ago, pete vale said:
Why can't people see this. Action needs taking now, it will cost a lot more not too. What on earth is going on?

Because we all think we are to good to go down and so do the owners. All this talk of if everyone is fit we'll be ok. We haven't had our best 11 fit all season so what makes us think that's about to change now.

It would be sheer complacency to think we can't go down. I always remember Cloughie's last season in Division One with Forest when everyone was saying they were too good to go down...

A defeat tonight and we will be right back in the mix. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dishydave said:

We have no game plan at the minute I don't see any structure to the way we play it's just hoof and hope. At least under Askey there was a pattern to our play even though it didn't work and that's not me saying he shouldn't have gone.

Personally I think the expectations bar was set to high and a lot of fans have jumped on this. We are are all living in a very abnormal life situation, this goes for all teams and clubs and us fans, I don't know what happened behind the seen which prompted the powers at be to release John Askey with no back up plan, we have lots of rumours. I know we all crave instant success but I personally would be happy with small steps slow sustainable steps after the last 20years,l don't think we would have gone down a possible mid table,now we're back to square 1 with possible new manager new ideas and still no guarantee of success, the roundabout begins again.

On 25/01/2021 at 11:46, Howjy04 said:

Frank Lampard.

No messing about at Chelski Howjy.The fact that he's a fan's favourite and a club legend doesn't cut it with Roman.

Advert:

We need to relax a minute. If we win tonight ( I know, but stranger things have happened!) the manager will have gone WDLW in his first 4 games. That would be considered a decent start given what he inherited. Wouldn’t it?
The better half told me I need to relax the other night she reckons it's because we can't get to the ground and scream and shout like we usually do. She also suggested a zoom meeting between all four thousand of us so we can all just yell at the top of our voices for a few minutes and then maybe we will feel better.
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, For Us All said:

No messing about at Chelski Howjy.The fact that he's a fan's favourite and a club legend doesn't cut it with Roman.

Klopp next mate?😂

• Haha 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, Wise Owl said:

John McGreal rumour circulating on Twitter. I stress this is a rumour.

Cant see him fitting in with Carol as one of the reasons Colchester got rid was because he wouldn't buy in to the youth set up they wanted.

Only one man out there who i would of been straight on the phone to Saturday..... Mr Adams step forward

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wise Owl said:

John McGreal rumour circulating on Twitter. I stress this is a rumour.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/18584422.colchester-united-fans-say-john-mcgreal-departure/#:~:text=McGreal parted company with the,into the 2020-21 season.

According to their fans he is; too defensive, plays one up front, doesn't make enough subs.... he would get eaten alive on here within 10 mins

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Haha 1

If we carry on with the lackluster perfomances then you have to wonder why Askey was sacked, weve signed Gutherie and Taylor who he wanted might as well have stayed as we were. 

16 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/18584422.colchester-united-fans-say-john-mcgreal-departure/#:~:text=McGreal parted company with the,into the 2020-21 season.

According to their fans he is; too defensive, plays one up front, doesn't make enough subs.... he would get eaten alive on here within 10 mins

Are you suggesting that it would be boring well organised 1 nil wins ?

Lovely I'll have some of that......................

• Like 1

I know it depends on basic market forces, but how much do managers in league 2 get paid on average? 

I’ve no idea. Are they in line with players wages? More? Less?

To me, if managers are a similar cost (for league 2) generally, then surely it would be prudent to spend ‘decent’ more on a manager with a proven record.

I appreciate this doesn’t guarantee success but it’s basic risk management. 

Obviously, if they cost a fortune, then forget all that!

Advert:

4 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

It would be sheer complacency to think we can't go down. I always remember Cloughie's last season in Division One with Forest when everyone was saying they were too good to go down...

A defeat tonight and we will be right back in the mix. 

Well Clough was a raging drunk at the time, not fit to manage a club. That Forest season, the first in the Premier League of 92/93 started well for them, but got worse and worse. 

A better example is Notts County, a club chock full of league experience but went down because it was poorly organised full of has been players.