Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

What makes you think he would?

He has it in him to give out a rocket or two which seems to be exactly what some of our players and squad as a whole need. I was never a massive Adams fan, not when others worshipped him here. But he would 100% make us harder to beat than we've been for months now. But he's certainly only a short term option for me if we can't get the right man in right now.

Edited by TylerB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Posted Images

Just now, TylerB said:

He has it in him to give out a rocket or two which seems to be exactly what some of our players and squad as a whole need. I was never a massive Adams fan, not when others worshipped him here. But he would 100% make us harder to beat than we've been for months now.

I dont think he suits the carol model(what she requires) i wouldn't want us to go anywhere near him after 5yrs out of the game and not doing that well at a couple of clubs before that,there are plenty to choose from without him

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Makes no difference the odds really as he is odds on to be motherwell manager with the bookies

Why would anyone want to manage anyone in Scotland other than Celtic or Rangers - very unlikely to win anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No chance it will be Adams. Carol wants to focus on bringing Youth into the team. So Adams wouldn't fit the profile she is prob looking at.
Poss more chance of John McGreal

He has it in him to give out a rocket or two which seems to be exactly what some of our players and squad as a whole need. I was never a massive Adams fan, not when others worshipped him here. But he would 100% make us harder to beat than we've been for months now. But he's certainly only a short term option for me if we can't get the right man in right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, osprey said:


Why would anyone want to manage anyone in Scotland other than Celtic or Rangers - very unlikely to win anything

No idea but he is in their final 4 so must of been interested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


7 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

With regard to Ian Holloway, there was an interesting piece in The Times yesterday about Grimsby. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/paul-hurst-picking-up-mess-left-by-ian-holloway-as-grimsby-town-eye-new-era-2zz88sz82

It's behind a paywall but here is the significant paragraph:

"Without the arrival of Covid-19, and other off-field distractions, things might have been different. Holloway, though, walked away having signed 16 players in the summer, most of whom are simply not good enough, and rather than build a team to make people “proud”, he left them with a 30-man squad in desperate need of overhaul."

 

Not for me...we've already had a couple of clowns signing players of that calibre!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:

No chance it will be Adams. Carol wants to focus on bringing Youth into the team. So Adams wouldn't fit the profile she is prob looking at.
Poss more chance of John McGreal

He wouldn't be my choice either. But I've seen worse mentioned. Personally I'd like to see a young, hungry manager that has some fresh ideas instead of an old clogger like Simon Grayson who's been bounded about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 1 said:

We all know it’ll be someone cheap and uninspiring, though it doesn’t hurt to hope it won’t be Pugh.

I don't think that holds true, under our new owners? They've clearly been bankrolling the club throughout this pandemic and will - hopefully - continue to do so until normality returns; and I guess they have come up with a payoff for JA and DK? Reputed to have made an offer for Jake Taylor - it may be that Carol and Kevin are prepared to speculate now for future benefits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


22 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Alexander signed whitehead at Salford. It’s a no from me 

Not sure Alexander signed anyone at Salford based on what we saw in the latest series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sinnott2spinnit said:

Didn’t he offload Devante Rodney as well?

Get him in then, obviously knows what he's doing. Rodney is gash, made to look decent by the current pile of **** he's playing alongside. Rodney trips over his own legs atleast three times a match.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Alexander signed whitehead at Salford. It’s a no from me 

Did he? Or was he signed by the club and given to him to manage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe B said:

They're looking at 

1) wages

2) transfer budget

3) backing from owners

4) ability of squad

I really don't think a manager is going to see us as a 'big fish', and even if they did, it's hardly going to impact their decision making if another club is offering more money.

Is there any such thing, by definition  as "big" league 2 club?  We've got a big ground but don't usually 25% fill it and haven't  constantly half filled it for 65 years, but we can always be eternal optimists, though I do think that if someone was able to somehow get us in to the Championship,  that our crowds would be bigger than when we were there in the 90's. Before the dreaming gets out of hand, there's the small matter of being able to crack  League 2

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Old fort said:

Is there any such thing, by definition  as "big" league 2 club?  We've got a big ground but don't usually 25% fill it and haven't  constantly half filled it for 65 years, but we can always be eternal optimists, though I do think that if someone was able to somehow get us in to the Championship,  that our crowds would be bigger than when we were there in the 90's. Before the dreaming gets out of hand, there's the small matter of being able to crack  League 2

100% agree.

People thinking that some managers will be attracted to us because we had a reasonable spell in the 90s are mistaken.

What will attract a good manager, though, are good owners, stable foundations, backing, and some decent players to work with. I think for those reasons will will have some very decent applicants.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


Cowleys might be a decent shout, just because of the payoff from Huddersfield? Gives them a little security while the next big job comes up...but, in the meantime, taking on the challenge of the Vale, and making a success of it could only enhance their reputation?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Get him in then, obviously knows what he's doing. Rodney is gash, made to look decent by the current pile of **** he's playing alongside. Rodney trips over his own legs atleast three times a match.

He's also ludicrously quick, which is a massive attribute at this level. I don't think I've ever seen such a fast Vale player.

He's miles off technically but he's far from 'gash'. Needs a load of work on his first touch and decision making but the attributes are there.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here




×
×
  • Create New...