10 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Sorry? I texted my mate Steve who’s a diehard fan and he told me his opinion based on following them for 50 odd years. No MB involved. 

I'm a die hard Vale of over 40 years and I couldn't tell you what Askey earned.

Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

Posted Images

Sorry? I texted my mate Steve who’s a diehard fan and he told me his opinion based on following them for 50 odd years. No MB involved. 
We can clearly take that information to the bank then, I didn't realise you'd text your mate Steve.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Page was a weird one, nearly relegated us despite having 48 points with about 8-9 games to go.

Second season at home we played some superb football with Uche and Andoh, that 3-0 v Doncaster was one of the best games I’ve seen us play, their keeper had a worldie that day!

Away from home though was a tough watch, so negative and cost us points which could of made us the play offs. That said to be in with a shout with a couple of games left with a strike force for much of the season of Dodds and AJLS was impressive.

9 hours ago, werstayinup said:

So you battled on here to get rid of  Askey but you dont mind replacing him with Heskey to get us out of a relegation fight.... wow,no thanks sooner have an Alexander kind of manager

You could get the most experienced manager in the world and it might not work 

you could get someone new to management and it might not work 

getting a new manager is lottery no matter how much you know about football there is no gurantee whoever you go for will work. Im not saying i want heskey im saying i wouldnt mind it. Do i think there are other options that would be better yes but again the option you think would be the best could turn out to be the worst you never know. 

Advert:

I'd never criticise Aspo for his time as manager - it seems he had to deal with the worst of Scumtwat's excesses / ideas / pettiness / vindictiveness, and, although I've always considered Aspo a fighter, by the time he went, he just looked a weary, beaten man...and we don't really know how bad Scummy's meddling was?
Yes. In addition, Conference is not a non-pro football league, and Aspo managed there with a fair degree of success for 10 years.
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

At ease soldier... I said could.

There is a thread on their forum about the manager position and the question gets posed as to how much they pay.

A whole bunch of “die hard” fans comment saying they have no idea but the guess at around that range.

Steve “could” know the inner financial workings and contract structure.

Equally he “could” have gotten his number from reading the forum, which “die hard” fans tend to do.

I don’t know Steve, my deepest apologies if I have offended him our you by intimating that he may read his teams message board.

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 1

Just now, ginge said:

Thomas Suchel just been sacked and has a good win rate.

But John McGreal wants a job so he could be an outsider. 

Advert:

13 hours ago, Wrex said:

Would be pretty remarkable if he left the club for trying to crack down on gloves considering they stood by him after he chinned an opposition manager and was arrested and sent to trial for it.

Scousers are born with gloves on, it stops the police identifying them as being offenders at crime scenes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Screenshot_20210106-114810_Twitter.jpeg

dont know much about him, but apparently he played for Derby Mansfield and Oxford, and also managed Mansfield, and was caretaker at Barnsley for a brief period.

Edited by mikey

Advert:

Some pretty uninspiring results from his previous managerial roles at Mansfield and Boston.

Took Mansfield to their highest ever position apparently.

2 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Took Mansfield to their highest ever position apparently.

Good spot, and shows the danger of statistics out of context... looks like he did a decent job there!