Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Maybe Whitehead is a player who needs a run in the team,i do think there is more to come from him,he has scored goals from Midfield and yesterday although his shots lacked power he was in the right place to get his shots off. Lets face it Manny will play a couple then sadly is out for a few,Burgess hasn't been a patch on the player he was last season so for me Whitehead will be a decent stand in for the midfield positions and is an improvement on what we had on standby last season(apart from Taylor of course)

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great result today. The back five produced an absolute masterclass to restrict the most expensive attack in the league to very few clear-cut chances. Good to see Joyce and Conlon back, even though Tom

I Do agree with Rob . Phil Bowers is. a true vale fan . And I do think. He says what he see’s . I do enjoy Listening to Phil . On Radio sJoke . 

I don't see it that way at all. I think it's the right and honest thing to say they thought it was a bad challenge and to say what they thought they saw.  I then thought it was the right and hone

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Diego Maradona said:

I’ve just watched the extended highlights (I appreciate that they are highlights) and Whitehead is involved in a lot of the forward play. The commentator even says something like ‘Whitehead has a bright second half’ or words to that effect. 

Not sure why he’s had so much criticism.

If fit and not fatigued, I would play him Tuesday. 

I agree he was ok for me yesterday. He looked poor last week; although Carlisle normally got 4 against 2 in central midfield, so for me the failure of players on the pitch to adapt and Askey to change things contributed. 

2 hours ago, JRC said:

I agree he was ok for me yesterday. He looked poor last week; although Carlisle normally got 4 against 2 in central midfield, so for me the failure of players on the pitch to adapt and Askey to change things contributed. 

It is early days for new players settling in, some take longer than others, it is not as if we are incurring large transfer fees. 

Think I was a bit harsh on Whitehead yesterday. He did get in some good positions and was much better than vs Carlisle. I'm not sure he has got to grips with where he fits in in the 4-3-3 system. Plus yesterday we fiddled around a lot. Changing where personnel were playing. Players switching around. Not knocking this, keeps the oppo thinking, but can't make it easy for a new player. Certainly not writing the bloke off. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

It is early days for new players settling in, some take longer than others, it is not as if we are incurring large transfer fees. 

Didn't think there were any transfer fees at Port Vale.

4 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Scholes is a patronising get. Just saw a post match interview with him and he says "When you come to places like this, they're always going to make it difficult for you", like he's Pep visiting the Crown Ground.

Patronising, or a backhanded complement perhaps? I’m not defending Scholes but he’s not the most upbeat, or fluent, speaker at the best of times and perhaps this has lead to his comment being taken the wrong way.  Who knows?  I didn’t see that we set out to frustrate, rather it was an open game in which I felt we had the better chances, bar the penalty.  Only when Brisley came on did it look like we were intent on shutting up shop.

47 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Scholes thinks he's still at a big club when he's actually at a club based in a dump on the outskirts of Manchester.  Have they got proper toilets yet??

I  agree . Salford Lost   . To the vale .  . Just source grapes  . Who Does He think He is . Good Luck to the Vale .for tomorrow night . Come on the vale . 

• Confused 1